Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Driving Licenses NB & NS

Driving Licenses NB & NS

Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

kduk2191 will become famous soon enough
Default Driving Licenses NB & NS

I've been checking out the driving license situation. We are moving to NS later in the year.
I know you have to take a new test for NS, but you can exchange your UK license in NB. So any reason why you can't exchange in NB, then ask for the NB license to be exchanged for a NS one, which is free with no test.
As long as you can find someone to provide an address , anyone see why you couldn't do it ?. Be allot less hassle & cost than all the tests etc....

kduk
Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:04 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving Licenses NB & NS

Originally Posted by kduk2191
I've been checking out the driving license situation. We are moving to NS later in the year.
I know you have to take a new test for NS, but you can exchange your UK license in NB. So any reason why you can't exchange in NB, then ask for the NB license to be exchanged for a NS one, which is free with no test.
As long as you can find someone to provide an address , anyone see why you couldn't do it ?. Be allot less hassle & cost than all the tests etc....

kduk
No reason at all. We landed in Ontario, exchanged licenses there, then moved to NS and did it again.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can honestly say taking the test in NS is easy and straightforward
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

would you not need a NB address and proof that you lived at that address?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:41 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanjp32
would you not need a NB address and proof that you lived at that address?
That's what I was thinking.