Reload this Page >

driving / accidents

Wikiposts

driving / accidents

Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:53 am
Just Joined

tom-sarah_addy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question driving / accidents

if i have had a at fault accident in the uk will i have to notify my insurers in canada??
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:11 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving / accidents

Originally Posted by tom-sarah_addy
if i have had a at fault accident in the uk will i have to notify my insurers in canada??
Your insurers in canada will assume you have a crap record and charge you accordingly anyway, unless you can prove otherwise with the appropriate documentation.

Last edited by iaink; Jan 25th 2011 at 4:12 am. Reason: Not really an immigration topic, so moved to the main lifestyle area
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

my partner had one 6 months before landing, we declared it and was charged accordingly;
Female age 36 on a 2006 Dodge Caravan

fully comp = $4000
liability only = $2200

We took liability!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:47 am
Just Joined

how much do you think a 21 year old male would be on a truck with a 3 monthe previous driving ban for driving witout due care and attention
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:49 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

how much do you think a 21 year old male would be on a truck with a 3 monthe previous driving ban for driving witout due care and attention
Too much
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

A fortune. Have a hunt around for previous threads on the cost of car insurance in Canada, even for those with 30 years driving experience it can be extortionate.

I've no idea, but is 'driving without due care and attention' a criminal conviction, or just a civil one? If the former, you need to see if it will make you inadmissible to Canada. I doubt it is, but do double check.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:51 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Will you be wanting commerical use on that?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
A fortune. Have a hunt around for previous threads on the cost of car insurance in Canada, even for those with 30 years driving experience it can be extortionate.
No kidding....I'm the wrong side of 30 and have 9 years no claims = $1000 fully comp or $600 liability only
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:02 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

In todays Globe and Mail....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle1724311/
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbd33
Will you be wanting commerical use on that?
by commerical do you mean driving to differnt work locations im a roofer so il be driving all over
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:10 am
Just Joined

I've no idea, but is 'driving without due care and attention' a criminal conviction, or just a civil one? If the former, you need to see if it will make you inadmissible to Canada. I doubt it is, but do double check.
its civil over here so would it be the same in canada plz dont tell me i wont be alloud over for change a stupid cd lol
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

by commerical do you mean driving to differnt work locations im a roofer so il be driving all over
That's commercial use. Add 50%.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall there was a thread from a young guy about the cost of insurance on here once - he paid $6000 a year I think, and that was in Nova Scotia (Ontario supposedly more expensive).

Will have a hunt and see if I can find it, may give you some good comparables.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

that was in Nova Scotia (Ontario supposedly more expensive).
blimey, is that even possible ? [ that's not a moan btw ]
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by spaceace
blimey, is that even possible ? [ that's not a moan btw ]
I've no idea as I've never needed car insurance in NS, but I know that BC and Ontario are supposedly the most expensive (and having had car insurance in both, would agree with that!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.