Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Dreams can come true....

Dreams can come true....

Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Andy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the rough
Default Dreams can come true....

It's been a long road and a hell of a lot of hard work, not to mention the stress. I started my quest to get to Ottawa in 2011. After 7 trips, 10 interviews, 3 failed LMO applications (one refused for being 39 cents under the required rate) it's happened. I have my positive LMO.

So many twists and turns and kicks, it got to the point I was thinking would it ever happen? I do believe you can make your own luck in this world. If you work at it. I have worked my ass off to get to here and its now taking some sinking in.

Thank you JB0591, Helcat12, Wolstie and Mrs B and everyone else on here. Your help, advice and encouragement has been greatly appreciated. And John, it's time for me to repay that meal ..... I can't wait.

Excited and nervous all at the same time. Be careful what you wish for I guess

If there is anyway I can help others here or anyone has any questions please pm me I will answer all I can.

Andy
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dreams can come true....

Congrats and well done!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

LMOs certainly are a lot tougher to get than they used to be - Congratulations on seeing it through and best of luck with your new life in Canada
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:20 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and kudos for keeping at it and not letting your dreams be shattered.

I truly hope everything lives up to what you are hoping for.

Best of luck with your future!

Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Andy. Your perseverance paid off. Enjoy the rest of your journey.

Ruby
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:22 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for the iffy ice on the Rideau Canal when skating into the city. I'd expected a fleet of zamboni's to be maintaining it. I was sorely disappointed.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:04 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy18913
It's been a long road and a hell of a lot of hard work, not to mention the stress. I started my quest to get to Ottawa in 2011. After 7 trips, 10 interviews, 3 failed LMO applications (one refused for being 39 cents under the required rate) it's happened. I have my positive LMO.

So many twists and turns and kicks, it got to the point I was thinking would it ever happen? I do believe you can make your own luck in this world. If you work at it. I have worked my ass off to get to here and its now taking some sinking in.

Thank you JB0591, Helcat12, Wolstie and Mrs B and everyone else on here. Your help, advice and encouragement has been greatly appreciated. And John, it's time for me to repay that meal ..... I can't wait.

Excited and nervous all at the same time. Be careful what you wish for I guess

If there is anyway I can help others here or anyone has any questions please pm me I will answer all I can.

Andy
Congrats Andy, can you pass me some of your luck or the genie you used to get your LMO
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:42 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Congrats Andy. It will be good to see you in Ottawa soon.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Well done. Let us know when you arrive and maybe we can sort a pint or two out.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Maplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to allMaplease is a name known to all

Fantastic news. Perseverance must be your middle name! All the best for the future
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Andy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone.

Starting to get very real very fast now. So much to organize, not enough hours in the day.

Mikeypm. A friend of mine said to me after the first LMO refusal. " Look at it like being a door to door salesman. You will knock on a lot of doors that will get shut in your face...But if you knock on enough doors one day one will stay open ". Dont ever give up.

Another thing that made me laugh. When a friend read my resume. i have as one of my key strengths as " Determination and Tenacity to succeed ". He read and said "No S**T" lol. He knows how many phone calls and emails and trips ive made to make it happen.

If you have any questions please ask away. If i can help others like i was helped on here im only too pleased to do so.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

well done...i like to see success in the face of...immigration ;-)
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

alfiee is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Andy, couldn't be more happier for you.
Thanks for all the advice you gave me earlier in the year and fingers crossed I'll be the one making this post in the near future even though got a long way to go, all the best with it all