Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is the Dream over or Just Delayed

Is the Dream over or Just Delayed

Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice
Default Re: Is the Dream over or Just Delayed

not exactly how i saw this thread going from slanging match to the possable location of a drug farm.lol

I have every sympathy with people feeling stuck in a country offering them nothing and i am only glad our dithering didnt leave us in the same position.

That being said i have to agree that no matter how inefficent the system is you/we signed up for it. You could critisise government all over the world for the comments you make about the canadian system. As i said i feel sorry about the situation you find yourself in, as the saying goes "you pays your money you takes your chance"

I hope there is light at the end of your tunnel and good luck is just round the corner.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:47 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squiddgelalert
I suppose you wouldnt be saying that if you were still had a temporary permit and be, out of a job.

I take it you are classed as Canadian now then - must be to come to come out with crap like that.
Nope, i'm British and never had a TEMPORARY work permit.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:57 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squiddgelalert
Our move was not meant to be temporary, how can you class a move as temporary when you sell your house that you just bought, sold off your new car and new motorbikes, give up your mediocre paying jobs and bid farewell to family and friends. I wouldnt say thats temporary??

If we rented our house out in the UK then fine, at least we could of gone back to something but our move here was always deemed permanent. After being sponsored by an employer and to have that employer lay you off after 7weeks - we should of realised then that we seriously over estimated the Canadians, and their stupid government rules

3 years later we are still up shit creek.
For YOU it was obviously not temporary. As far as your TEMPORARY work permit is seen by Canada...........you're TEMPORARY

It really is a shame that things did not work out for you BUT surely you knew the risks before you even applied and started the ball rolling. Surely you understood your legal standing within the country you migrated regarding certain outcomes. Surely you understand risk and the fact that sometimes things work out, and sometimes they don't, but you need to mitigate them in certain situations and failing to do so (eggs in one basket for example) can lead to problems.

You risked selling everything and moving to another country with TEMPORARY access and the hope of becoming permanent. Unfortunately it didn't work and i do feel for you. I really do. That said, you really do not help yourself on all levels with your bitterness, anger, and generalisations. You should look in the mirror before placing portions of blame.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:00 am
Beep

Originally Posted by EasyRider
And what's the point? No case overrides trend and the trend is successful Canadians end up in the US or whatever 'cause there are more options, opportunities and benefits to be found. I really don't see the point in your post, neither in other guy's with monkey on avatar except some rude blabber.
The point of my "blabber" is to point out the word "TEMPORARY"

If you believe there is a different meaning to that word in this context i really would like for you to let me know.

Also, what the effing jeff has Canadians moving to the US got to do with anything?

Last edited by el_richo; Feb 9th 2010 at 10:27 am.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:32 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
The point of my "blabber" is to point out the word "TEMPORARY
You should have used a bigger font and maybe italics and colours.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:26 am
Beep

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You should have used a bigger font and maybe italics and colours.
Done
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

For YOU it was obviously not temporary. As far as your TEMPORARY work permit is seen by Canada...........you're TEMPORARY

It really is a shame that things did not work out for you BUT surely you knew the risks before you even applied and started the ball rolling. Surely you understood your legal standing within the country you migrated regarding certain outcomes. Surely you understand risk and the fact that sometimes things work out, and sometimes they don't, but you need to mitigate them in certain situations and failing to do so (eggs in one basket for example) can lead to problems.

You risked selling everything and moving to another country with TEMPORARY access and the hope of becoming permanent. Unfortunately it didn't work and i do feel for you. I really do. That said, you really do not help yourself on all levels with your bitterness, anger, and generalisations. You should look in the mirror before placing portions of blame.

Exactly....how hard can it be to understand the difference between temporary and permanent....

Its a tough situation to be in and Yes sad, but when you sold your house, car and other possessions you did it on the basis of going over on a temporary permit, in the hope of gaining permanent residence one day, unfortunately it does not work like that sometimes and im sure you must of known in the back of your mind that if the job comes to an end you are only a temporary worker and would either have to return to UK or find another job...
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:49 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
AHEM, rule 17 sir, rule 17
Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
No editing posts to alter the meaning.

17. Quotes
When responding to a post in the forum do not alter or modify another member's quotes in such a way as to misrepresent or change the context of the original post. Any member found doing this will be banned from the community.
SCREW RULE 17!!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steve_P
SCREW RULE 17!!!!!
I dont think anyone cares about rules do they?!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by MR79
I dont think anyone cares about rules do they?!
Rules are made to broken.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:53 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

The point of my "blabber" is to point out the word "TEMPORARY"

If you believe there is a different meaning to that word in this context i really would like for you to let me know.

Also, what the effing jeff has Canadians moving to the US got to do with anything?
<goes off to speak to Val about the possibilty of getting a bigger font size on the BE site, so ER can use it on his next post>
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:10 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
<goes off to speak to Val about the possibilty of getting a bigger font size on the BE site, so ER can use it on his next post>
What did she say?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:42 pm

What did she say?
HUH?