Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The Dream Continues

The Dream Continues

Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ninkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really nice
Default The Dream Continues

I posted my first post a few months back saying that my husband, 2 children and I were thinking of moving to Canada and got some really helpful feedback - especially from those in New Brunswick where we have set our hearts on (have fallen for Fredericton )

Anyway I just wanted to post to say the dream continues and we are getting rather excited and starting to think this is something that may actually happen! And to say that this forum has been such a useful resource - thank you.

Since my post my husband applied for citizenship (as his mother is Canadian but left when she was a child) and we were rather gobsmacked when it actually worked and a few months later a citizen card landed on the doormat! We feel incredibly lucky and that it would almost be rude not to take advantage of it!!

We are now thinking about a recce to Fredericton (and to activate my PR which we are applying for now) - it will be a flying visit so any advice on what to do whilst there would be much appreciated.

Head constantly whirring trying to find a low risk way of doing it all. So far am thinking husband gets job, house on market, go, rent a place .... um & hope it all works out!! I am beginning to think it is a leap of faith no matter how long you plan it. If anyone has a foolproof plan would love to hear it.

Thanks again for all the helpful info. I love reading others stories of how they managed it - especially those with little ones as its certainly an added complication!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:22 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Dream Continues

Great to hear things are progressing well.
Have a good recce.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

optimadam will become famous soon enoughoptimadam will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear your on your way over there.

To me your plans sound spot on. I believe you will have to make the jump at some point but better to go over there and try and find a job first.

Good Luck
Old Jul 18th 2010, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Ninkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really niceNinkynoodle is just really nice

Thanks guys. I am constantly switching between having moments of clarity when I think the whole thing is quite simple really and moments of sheer panic at the enormity of it all!

There do seem to be a lot of signs everywhere that keep cropping up (guess we are looking out for them a bit). After an evening of discussing it the other night we decided we needed to switch off and had a game of scrabble - my first go - 7 letters were FRDRCTN - Fredericton! Spooky eh?!