British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Doors Keep Swinging Open (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/doors-keep-swinging-open-418229/)

Tangram Jan 11th 2007 6:17 pm

Doors Keep Swinging Open

Some of you may remember I had a telephone interview a while back which didn't pan out.

Just had one for another company ( I had actually forgotten they were calling and nearly left it to go to answerphone ! )

Well it went very well...they always do I guess, but they were asking me about time scales for WP which didn't shock them, asking if they could contact me in a few days to get a face to face going shortly, and what assistance I would be looking at for relocation. I said that would be nice but not essential.

They asked about salary expectations and I told them what had been the rate for the job in Ontario which went to the Canadian candidate and they said that would be very very similar for them pay wise.

What was supposed to be an initial chat turned into a relaxed hour discussion. Whilst my skillset matched what they were looking for, it was something I had buried in the Resume which caught their eye, and this was the focus of the discussion, which was great.

Anyway, I'm blabbing, I guess its the adrenalin. If it pans out great... those who know me , know me !

The company was based in Moncton and are big, which is good on both counts.

I will keep those interested posted. :scared:

Atlantic Xpat Jan 11th 2007 6:31 pm

Re: Doors Keep Swinging Open

Good news and fingers crossed. Moncton seems a nice enough place (purely on the basis of two visits to suppliers we have there!). Bit small and madly into ice hockey. Halifax is a couple of hours drive away and you are handily placed for points in West in Canada and US.

Tangram Jan 11th 2007 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat (Post 4271777)
Good news and fingers crossed. Moncton seems a nice enough place (purely on the basis of two visits to suppliers we have there!). Bit small and madly into ice hockey. Halifax is a couple of hours drive away and you are handily placed for points in West in Canada and US.

Yes it was part of our tour in the summer, all my relatives are NB and a few new friends are in Moncton.

hot wasabi peas Jan 11th 2007 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 4271731)

King of the rollercoaster!!! :eek:

I hope you don't get the job!

( Just trying a bit of reverse voo-doo-mumbo-gumbo ;) )

Butch Cassidy Jan 11th 2007 6:37 pm

Some of you may remember I had a telephone interview a while back which didn't pan out.

Just had one for another company ( I had actually forgotten they were calling and nearly left it to go to answerphone ! )

Well it went very well...they always do I guess, but they were asking me about time scales for WP which didn't shock them, asking if they could contact me in a few days to get a face to face going shortly, and what assistance I would be looking at for relocation. I said that would be nice but not essential.

They asked about salary expectations and I told them what had been the rate for the job in Ontario which went to the Canadian candidate and they said that would be very very similar for them pay wise.

What was supposed to be an initial chat turned into a relaxed hour discussion. Whilst my skillset matched what they were looking for, it was something I had buried in the Resume which caught their eye, and this was the focus of the discussion, which was great.

Anyway, I'm blabbing, I guess its the adrenalin. If it pans out great... those who know me , know me !

The company was based in Moncton and are big, which is good on both counts.

Good luck mate. As they say when you least expect it etc.

Craftybanshee Jan 11th 2007 7:15 pm

I hope things will work out for you Paul. You never know what's around the corner! :)

Tangram Jan 12th 2007 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee (Post 4271952)
I hope things will work out for you Paul. You never know what's around the corner! :)

Thanks CB, minimum I will get is to see my cousins again sooner than I thought I would and stay with the new friends we made in the summer in Moncton.

Tuppence Jan 12th 2007 3:57 pm

Good luck Tangram. :beer:

Moncton is a good central location for getting to most of the Maritimes. And you would be very near the beach (with water you can actually swim in!) :cool:

Voyager970 Jan 13th 2007 12:17 am

Paul

Fingers crossed again for you mate, although I am running out of fingers !!!

Get the bloomin job and get yer ass over here !!!

Eddie

willmore Jan 13th 2007 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Voyager970 (Post 4279038)
Paul

Fingers crossed again for you mate, although I am running out of fingers !!!

Get the bloomin job and get yer ass over here !!!

Eddie

And where the hell have you been young man?:mad:

Voyager970 Jan 13th 2007 12:37 am

Sue me dear, how are you

Been here all the time in London, I did PM you after you went on your Xmas holidays, did you get it !!!

Hope Santa was good to you and the family

Eddie

willmore Jan 13th 2007 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Voyager970 (Post 4279079)
Sue me dear, how are you

Been here all the time in London, I did PM you after you went on your Xmas holidays, did you get it !!!

Hope Santa was good to you and the family

Eddie

No I didnt. I have to run unfortunately hon, but will pm you ok?

Voyager970 Jan 13th 2007 12:39 am

Originally Posted by willmore (Post 4279084)
No I didnt. I have to run unfortunately hon, but will pm you ok?

OKAYDOKEY

You take care and will speak soon

Eddie

Tangram Jan 13th 2007 7:39 am

Thanks Ed mate .... we do keep getting up off the canvas don't we !

Don't worry about the fingers, it will be ok whatever happens. I was so relaxed with this one after not remembering it, it was very 'Canadian'.

Tangram Jan 13th 2007 6:38 pm

Update : the friend of my cousin who lives in Moncton ( we met him and stayed with him whilst we were over there ) contacted someone he knew in the company and was informed that they will "probably be making an offer in the near futurea and think I am the man for the job".

The only concern they have is the time it will take to get WP with LMO but I did advise them of this on the phone. Not getting excited at all chickens hatching etc, so surprisingly chilled here. Also it has come second hand and not directly from the company to me which makes me wary.... but the guy is high up.

I'm gonna stop now as just getting confused.

Bottle of wine need and leave matters until next week when hopefully they might call and ask for the face to face interview.

Paul.