Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Doors Keep Swinging Open

Doors Keep Swinging Open

Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:19 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doors Keep Swinging Open

Originally Posted by Tangram
Update : the friend of my cousin who lives in Moncton ( we met him and stayed with him whilst we were over there ) contacted someone he knew in the company and was informed that they will "probably be making an offer in the near futurea and think I am the man for the job".

The only concern they have is the time it will take to get WP with LMO but I did advise them of this on the phone. Not getting excited at all chickens hatching etc, so surprisingly chilled here. Also it has come second hand and not directly from the company to me which makes me wary.... but the guy is high up.

I'm gonna stop now as just getting confused.

Bottle of wine need and leave matters until next week when hopefully they might call and ask for the face to face interview.

Paul.
Since my fingers are now uncrossed for Morwenna as she passed her competency exam and the cramp has just about gone away.

I shall now re-cross them for you.

All the very best.
Steve
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:22 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Me too! I'll send you some of my good luck!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Paul!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:01 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Good luck Paul!
Ta, I will let u know either way
Old Jan 15th 2007, 7:15 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Update :

We stayed with a friend of my cousin's in Moncton this summer. He knows the Head Of Project Management at the company who interviewed me last week. From what he found out, I am top of the list and they want to employ me. The only issue they have is the amount of time it will take to get LMO and WP.

They are not concerned about salary and have even muted that they would assist in relocation but it's the old chestnut of 'not being there'. They are due to contact me this week so I will try and elay their fears. I had mentioned up to 12 weeks at interview but will try and convince them.

My cousin's friend confirmed that they are a long standing company and money would not be an issue with them and that they are a very good company to work for.

All looking hopeful as long as we can overcome the timing which is there only issue. They also mentioned to him that they wouldn't need a face to face interview before making an offer, which sounds extraordinary but that's what he has heard.

Paul
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:23 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you mate.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:41 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Fingers crossed for you mate.
Thanks Butch
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:22 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Update 2 :

Received an email this morning with an e ticket attached for flights and hotel for Moncton from 25th to 29th Jan. So it looks like another interview over in Canada.

At least it will give me a couple of days to explore with friends and family over there as we had only been to Moncton for a few days last year and we were in holiday mode.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:43 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Update 2 :

Received an email this morning with an e ticket attached for flights and hotel for Moncton from 25th to 29th Jan. So it looks like another interview over in Canada.

At least it will give me a couple of days to explore with friends and family over there as we had only been to Moncton for a few days last year and we were in holiday mode.

That sounds promising - given that they are paying for a trip over! Good luck!
FWIW, When I came over to NL there was a chance that I would have come over on a WP as I had a job offer and we were unsure as to when PR would come through. The company got a LMO in 2 weeks & I was just about to apply for WP when PR came through. So worth re-iterating to the potential employer that a WP is not difficult to organise. They do the LMO and you do the rest!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Update 2 :

That's great Paul! Good luck!!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:29 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Thanks Tom and AX. I have asked them to be gentle as I arrive at the hotel in Moncton 4am my time and the interview sessions start at 8.30 the following morning.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:16 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Tom and AX. I have asked them to be gentle as I arrive at the hotel in Moncton 4am my time and the interview sessions start at 8.30 the following morning.
OUCH!!!!

You'll breeze it Paul, Just rubber stamping from what you've told us so far, eh.
Probably just want to discuss the logistics of you joining them.

Whatever all the best mate.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:26 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Oohh, that's a bit harsh of them - it might have been nice for 'em to make your appointment 10:30 rather than 8:30. Never mind, I'm sure you'll cope. If it goes well do remember to try and negotiate on vacation time as well. It is possible to get more than the 10 days std fare!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for your interview Paul!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:49 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

They have moved it back to 10am for me.....so nice these Canucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.