Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't Trash the UK!

Don't Trash the UK!

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:35 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Trash the UK!

Originally Posted by earlswoody
Just sounds like where I live but with more graffeti....Perth Australia.
Stayed in Morley for several months many years ago, the area looked pretty impressive or has this even gone downhill now?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
But there's always Wales
Where?

Wales is the poor mans England! No Scotsman would want to live there. The Welsh would petrol bomb your house for not being Welsh!
When you go into the bigger towns the crime is just the same. You go out on a Friday night and you will see the Welsh equivalent of the English lager lout trying to fight each other out side the pubs and clubs.
Actually it is lovely out in the quiet areas! but it is just another bit of Britian with the same over taxation, NHS that is over populated with illegal immigrants, where extremists are given council houses and free living from the Dole Office, Councillors who are to afraid to stand there ground, with petty criminal sentices for young criminals who stand up to adults knowing they will get away with it!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:43 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Stayed in Morley for several months many years ago, the area looked pretty impressive or has this even gone downhill now?
Perth Northbridge has a big anti-social problem with the kids and drink and drug taking , becoming a big worry.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:46 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
Perth Northbridge has a big anti-social problem with the kids and drink and drug taking , becoming a big worry.
Remember the name but also remember how clean large parts of the city were in general as well but again maybe I just saw the nice parts.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Obancop is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice title for a thread here, eh?
The U.K., the "United" Kingdom...
well I am the rat who left the sinking ship, I saw it coming years ago.
Yes I plan going back on holiday and to fill my plot when the end does come,
jings that's morose!
The only reason I can see now for heading back for good is if the south is given its freedom back, we Scots have fed off the great southerners for to long.
there are parts of England I like, Lots of Wales too, I've never been to N.I. but the peolpe I've met from there have all been gems. i'm a Scot through and through, NOT british, and certainly NOT from the U.K.
it seems the world over you'll get the "but there's nothing to do here"
normally from the "entertain me" type with no imagination.
Back home I heard it from the kids, and a few parents too. I built a list of a good number of things and hit them with it, metaphoricaly speaking, though the temptation was always there to do it literally
Me? I left school at a time when Maggie had just raped the country, and I watched as the dope, then the "E"'s took hold, finaly came the smack, or skelp as we liked to call it, hit town. Then I knew no matter where in the world I went the kids would always be open to threats and offers such as that. Now I make the best of it where ever I am and try to make a difference in my job. in my line of work I find 1% of the populus hate me, 1% love me, and the other 98% don't even know who I am. As for that first lot, well I suppose I should care about them, but sometimes it's bloody hard.
Okay I digress.
Love the U.K., then you stay there!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think it depends on whereabouts you are in the UK and what your lifestyle is like. Personally, I don't understand why Chumley has said what he has. Not that I don't believe him, but I think he and I have obviously had very different experiences of living in the UK.

I see no negatives at all about this country but I live in a lovely village, can afford a nice life, have never had any personal experience of crime (touch wood that continues), have never come across any kind of 'yobbish' behaviour and have no issue with the politics that bother some people as they don't affect me personally. I love the countryside, right to roam, promiximity to Europe, outdoor lifestyle, proper seasons, politeness, television, education, etc, etc (I could go on!) of the UK. Plus I'm very close to my family and have good friends so that is obviously another positive, being close to them.

I'm looking forward to going to Canada to experience life there for a couple of years, and to discover another country, but am fairly sure that we'll be returning to our lovely lives here and don't see Canada convincing us to stay long term over the UK. But who knows??

A lot of the time when I see people bashing the UK in threads, I do have to ask myself if we're living in the same country because it just bears no relation to what I know. but, as I said above, I obviously have had a different experience of living here to others.

..................and what year did you write this?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Just read this, although some might find this funny it is another example of crime in the UK

pa.press.net - 02.11.2008 14:48
Glue prank man freed from toilet
A man has been taken to hospital stuck to a public toilet after a prankster covered the seat with glue.

The stainless steel lavatory was removed from a cubicle in Brierley Hill, near Dudley, with the man still attached, after the best efforts of emergency services failed to free him, said West Midlands Ambulance Service.

An ambulance service spokesman explained: "The man was using the facilities when he became stuck on the seat. It appears as though someone had left glue on it.

"Despite best efforts it was not possible to remove the 35-year-old local man from his position so, with the help of a local authority and the fire and rescue service, the man was removed from the cubicle still attached to the stainless steel toilet."

He was taken to hospital where a doctor used special chemicals to free him unhurt, if red-faced, while still inside the ambulance.

"He appeared to be none the worse for his ordeal other than being understandably somewhat embarrassed," the spokesman said.

The toilet, meanwhile, was returned to the public conveniences.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:07 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by skyturner
..................and what year did you write this?
If you`ve got the money to live in Bucks then it probably is something like this.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinger24
Just read this, although some might find this funny it is another example of crime in the UK

pa.press.net - 02.11.2008 14:48
Glue prank man freed from toilet
A man has been taken to hospital stuck to a public toilet after a prankster covered the seat with glue.

The stainless steel lavatory was removed from a cubicle in Brierley Hill, near Dudley, with the man still attached, after the best efforts of emergency services failed to free him, said West Midlands Ambulance Service.

An ambulance service spokesman explained: "The man was using the facilities when he became stuck on the seat. It appears as though someone had left glue on it.

"Despite best efforts it was not possible to remove the 35-year-old local man from his position so, with the help of a local authority and the fire and rescue service, the man was removed from the cubicle still attached to the stainless steel toilet."

He was taken to hospital where a doctor used special chemicals to free him unhurt, if red-faced, while still inside the ambulance.

"He appeared to be none the worse for his ordeal other than being understandably somewhat embarrassed," the spokesman said.

The toilet, meanwhile, was returned to the public conveniences.
With or without the glue?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:09 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
With or without the glue?
Maybe we could try some of this glue on you eh
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinger24
Glue prank man freed from toilet...
Not quite a 'sticky end' then.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope your not taking the crap out of me, where I come from there wouldnt be enough glue to stick you, as they would normally bag it and siff it!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Elf. Only 40 years of research.......

and yes..... everywhere has its rough places. I cannot see Canada being anywhere near as bad as out of control uk but hey, I will let you know next year when I go

Cheers
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:39 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Elf. Only 40 years of research.......

and yes..... everywhere has its rough places. I cannot see Canada being anywhere near as bad as out of control uk but hey, I will let you know next year when I go

Cheers
Once remember reading that either he or his family lived in Suffolk (if I am wrong he can correct me) and from what I have heard about a lot of Suffolk especially Woodbridge and the surrounding area is that it is meant to be a verrrrrrrrrry nice place and a verrrrrrrrrry upmarket area, so not much chance of seeing too much bad stuff there eh.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:46 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Once remember reading that either he or his family lived in Suffolk (if I am wrong he can correct me) and from what I have heard about a lot of Suffolk especially Woodbridge and the surrounding area is that it is meant to be a verrrrrrrrrry nice place and a verrrrrrrrrry upmarket area, so not much chance of seeing too much bad stuff there eh.
I did grow up in Suffolk - Mildenhall to be precise, but I have never visited Woodbridge in my life, and Mildenhall (at the opposite end of the county from Woodbridge), is hardly posh. Since the age of 18 I have lived in Portsmouth, Bristol, Birmingham and South London (Herne Hill - right next to Brixton) with a spell in Africa, before leaving the UK (and not because I was fed up with it). More recent family relocations mean that when we visit the UK these days we base ourselves in Glasgow or Dumfries. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Last edited by elfman; Nov 2nd 2008 at 8:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.