Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't Trash the UK!

Don't Trash the UK!

Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice
Default Re: Don't Trash the UK!

I was just sharing my thoughts with you DB
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:59 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by deanjp32
Well i adore the country and province that i have chosen to spend my days in!!!

It was the biggest factor for us when we decided to move here. certainly not the economics of it.
Good for you, but for everyone who loves their new Country there is another one who hates it.....that's folk....folks..
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:59 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
So, "adoration", not a factor.
Adoration as you call it is certainly a major factor for comfortable Europeans, why should they entertain going to country that they have no adoration for???? If of course PR is their goal.

For the third world immigrant then there is no adoration in the above context really for the country that they are going to, because as previously put most don`t really care and have other agendas.

If you are basing the concept of adoration on sheer numbers of people that emigrate to Canada and Asians etc form the majority then you can technically say most don`t emigrate for adoration. But I am referring to Eurpeans that more often than not emigrate for adoration especially if this emigration is for PR. If they are not emigrating for PR and they have no real desire for their new country etc they may as well stay at home.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

I like to think of myself as a thrusting youth.

Something which has no Canadian connection at all. Birds sing in Ireland. Coyotes yip in America. Sheep bleat in Wales.
so they do in iraq and afghanistan but i wouldnt want to live there, have you ever lived in wales? I have and as an english rose I experiecned the worst predudice I have seen anyhwere

anyway I really dont need to defend anything suffice to say that I love and adore where I am and only wish I had done it years ago
and huge luck to all who are willing to invest their all in Canada and its people
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
so they do in iraq and afghanistan but i wouldnt want to live there, have you ever lived in wales? I have and as an english rose I experiecned the worst predudice I have seen anyhwere

anyway I really dont need to defend anything suffice to say that I love and adore where I am and only wish I had done it years ago
and huge luck to all who are willing to invest their all in Canada and its people
I have never lived in Wales. I do understand that you love the outback, I just don't see that there's any particularly Canadian aspect to it.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:08 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to see what there is to love about Canada, or anywhere else, for someone who lives in a rural setting. I can see loving the cafes of Paris, the pubs of London, the theatres of New York but a field is a field. So long as one wants to live in a field, how is that field better for being in Canada as opposed to being in, for example, Vermont, Wales or Ireland? Is it just that fields are cheaper in Canada?
Out of interest why are you so negative about Canada? Where you robbed or buggered there when you first landed? Your personal views are very far removed from the Canadian born people that I know of, who it may surprise you.........actually really do enjoy their lives in Canada.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:11 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

I have never lived in Wales. I do understand that you love the outback, I just don't see that there's any particularly Canadian aspect to it.
Its something called romance The romantic illusion of the vast Canadian countryside that many people have. You may have to go a long way out to find it from the GTA area but it is there.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Out of interest why are you so negative about Canada? Where you robbed or buggered there when you first landed? Your personal views are very far removed from the Canadian born people that I know of, who it may surprise you.........actually really do enjoy their lives in Canada.
I don't see that DBD is negative - simply realistic! He also posts the positive points of Canada but just happens to not be wearing those lovely rose tinted glasses so beloved of people that haven't moved yet or who are still in the notorious 'first year honeymoon'. I would imagine his posts are very useful to those considering every side of a country before deciding to move there.

Most people that hate Canada, or even just decide that it's not for them and that they wish to return to the UK, don't come back onto this forum for whatever reason. They tend to just go on to the MBTTUK forum, so unless a newbie happened to visit that as well, they won't see many accounts from people who have decided it's not for them - therefore I think his views are very useful to this forum..........
(well, most of them )
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest why are you so negative about Canada?
I'm not negative, just indifferent. It seems to me that, by and large, Canada is just Plano with healthcare. So when people say they adore Canada I'm nonplussed and wonder why.

Your personal views are very far removed from the Canadian born people that I know of, who it may surprise you.........actually really do enjoy their lives in Canada.
Good for them. I envy people who lack imagination.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Its something called romance The romantic illusion of the vast Canadian countryside that many people have. You may have to go a long way out to find it from the GTA area but it is there.
If it is there it's not an illusion.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:23 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I don't see that DBD is negative - simply realistic! He also posts the positive points of Canada but just happens to not be wearing those lovely rose tinted glasses so beloved of people that haven't moved yet or who are still in the notorious 'first year honeymoon'. I would imagine his posts are very useful to those considering every side of a country before deciding to move there.

Most people that hate Canada, or even just decide that it's not for them and that they wish to return to the UK, don't come back onto this forum for whatever reason. They tend to just go on to the MBTTUK forum, so unless a newbie happened to visit that as well, they won't see many accounts from people who have decided it's not for them - therefore I think his views are very useful to this forum..........
(well, most of them )
Anybody can post positive and negative views about Canada or any other country. I think you will find that his negative views quite often don`t coincide, with what many other people that live in Canada actually post on here. Its actually very easy to run down a country and actually takes very little effort and the sheer number of his many posts give evidence to this effect. The vast majority of these posts are either negative, sarcastic or lets rub Canada`s dick in the dirt today type attitude. The sad fact is that after 25 years or so that he has been in Canada I imagine he is extremely knowledgable on a lot of stuff there, its just a shame that he puts none of it to any real positive use.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

lets rub Canada`s dick in the dirt today type attitude.
Eh?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:25 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

I'm not negative, just indifferent. It seems to me that, by and large, Canada is just Plano with healthcare. So when people say they adore Canada I'm nonplussed and wonder why.

Good for them. I envy people who lack imagination.
Imagination is what they may lack but many may well envy their happiness as well.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:26 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

If it is there it's not an illusion.
life is full of illusions
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:27 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Eh?
Sorry............I didn`t think you were unduly sensitive to things like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.