Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't Trash the UK!

Don't Trash the UK!

Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:17 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Trash the UK!

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
And I think you will find, if you had been bothered to read my follow up post to you a few posts after. I actually said sorry for the error. Or would you like me to say sorry once more?
And if you had bothered to read mine, you will see that I actually edited my post, but no worries.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:19 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
When I officially put you on ignore you did not know about it as it is not comunicated on this website.

Unfortunately the "ignored" people remain ignorant and do not know they are on ignore, There is no official or friendly warning.

You could be ignored by a 100.000 people ...... they would no longer receive notices of your posts ! You would not know you were being ignored.
I know all that and I know how it works as well, tried it myself several times with certain people on here but if truth be told I did miss seeing their input so switched it off.

Anyway, I am guessing you and your merry mob of cloak wearing lets burn the witch accolytes won`t actually be reading any of this will you? So disregard the question becuase if you can`t see it you can`t answer can we?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:20 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
And if you had bothered to read mine, you will see that I actually edited my post, but no worries.
Your edited post didn`t appear until after I had put my response and only saw it after.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:31 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
A previous un-related thread, months ago.
Not convinced. I'd don't think that's something I'd think of.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
you did say it dbd and it made my day
Oh well, if you liked it, I may as well take the credit.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:04 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

For reasons which I can't quite remember, I've just scrolled through the 6 or so pages of gibberish which have been posted on this thread since I went for a beer or two several hours ago.

Jules, my friend, you are a sad case. Get help.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:00 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Of course, silly old me. And there was me thinking that selling our beloved cars, renting out our house to strangers, giving away our chickens to be rehomed, transporting two cats and a puppy, leaving my much loved friends and family (including my parents who I see at least once a week), giving up my business that I've spent 4 years building up, resigning from the three charities I do work for, my husband starting a new job in an unfamiliar city, uprooting my 1 year old and 3 year old away from their school, family and the only home they have ever known, and moving to a country where I know nobody and have to integrate and settle was changing my life.

Obviously now I see that I'm just 'taking a break'. Thank goodness for that - there was me thinking that some fairly major changes were happening but now that you've put me straight, I can get that silly idea right out of my head.

Why not say 4?
Looks better.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:17 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
For reasons which I can't quite remember, I've just scrolled through the 6 or so pages of gibberish which have been posted on this thread since I went for a beer or two several hours ago.

Jules, my friend, you are a sad case. Get help.
Instead of answering this with the contempt it deserves. I will actually put forth a constructive idea that consider others. That maybe the mods can approve of in the case of keeping goodwill on the Canadian forum

I will actually promise never to set foot on the Canadian forum again (well type on it) In the interests of general peace and goodwill here. It seems my list of crimes for lack of a better word (well lets just refer to this thread for now) include offending these people on a regular basis:

DBD33- Claiming he writes negative stuff about Canada.
Novo- Upsetting him by implying that Canada could be a great place to live
Elfman- He who rants on about some dubious drubbing I made about the UK
Lorna- Don`t know what her gripe is but she`s a late moaner
Ruby- Nice sounding, but she felt the need to write a post to me complaining about my posts (she just never got round to doing it though)
Madhouse- Who seems to pop up and find what I write, well quite mad!
livermanl- Ok in his case justified and maybe I laughed at his expense there.

Other stuff that upsets or annoys certain people on here in general seems to be me assuming that Canada may well be a great country to live in, claiming its better than Europe, claiming there`s more to do there etc but maybe really its my tone! But as English is not my first language then that is likely the reason there, but I think its more to do with certain peoples perceived opinions about my posts and the ruffling of certain established feathers etc. Anyway the Canadian forum is probably the best forum on here, despite that I will stay off the Canadian forum for good So any helpful Canadian advice and tips etc that I need, I can actually just read it anyway without responding and causing disdain. If I really want to know something specific then there is PM
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:21 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of answering this with the contempt it deserves. I will actually put forth a constructive idea that consider others. That maybe the mods can approve of in the case of keeping goodwill on the Canadian forum

I will actually promise never to set foot on the Canadian forum again (well type on it) In the interests of general peace and goodwill here. It seems my list of crimes for lack of a better word (well lets just refer to this thread for now) include offending these people on a regular basis:

DBD33- Claiming he writes negative stuff about Canada.
Novo- Upsetting him by implying that Canada could be a great place to live
Elfman- He who rants on about some dubious drubbing I made about the UK
Lorna- Don`t know what her gripe is but she`s a late moaner
Ruby- Nice sounding, but she felt the need to write a post to me complaining about my posts (she just never got round to doing it though)
Madhouse- Who seems to pop up and find what I write, well quite mad!
livermanl- Ok in his case justified and maybe I laughed at his expense there.

Other stuff that upsets or annoys certain people on here in general seems to be me assuming that Canada may well be a great country to live in, claiming its better than Europe, claiming there`s more to do there etc but maybe really its my tone! But as English is not my first language then that is likely the reason there, but I think its more to do with certain peoples perceived opinions about my posts and the ruffling of certain established feathers etc. Anyway the Canadian forum is probably the best forum on here, despite that I will stay off the Canadian forum for good So any helpful Canadian advice and tips etc that I need, I can actually just read it anyway without responding and causing disdain. If I really want to know something specific then there is PM
Don't be stupid.
Write what you want,when you want.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

I know some comments on this forum are provocative and downright offensive to our intelligence (e.g. those by trolls etc), but I do think it's good to hear everyone's opinion on a topic, and it's actually more interesting to get a wide spectrum of views (with which we may or may not agree) - wouldn't it be boring if we all agreed on the same thing?

How about you guys kiss and make up?

Anita

(feeling emotional after hearing Obama's speech )
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuschiagirl
It was a fair assumption that your children would not be going to school as children generally don't start school in Canada until they are at least 5. Children of 3 and 1 are not very likely to be affected by leaving friends behind.

I am not "dismissing" those who get a relocation package - I just haven't seen other posters with relocation packages spelling out all the details at such lengths. However what does annoy me is how you seem to enjoy boasting of all your perks, whether they are relocation costs or the nirvana you live in.
There are lots of people on this forum who hope to emigrate to Canada who are struggling to sell their homes due to the current economic crisis and perhaps seeing the end of their dreams. Your comments are rather disheartening for them don't you think
In England children start pre-school at 3, you said they would not be leaving a school behind, which is incorrect. I admit that they won't suffer any hardship from leaving their friends behind at age 18 months and nearly 4, but they WILL suffer from leaving their 4 beloved grandparents that they see every week, their uncles, their pets and their home. Please stop belittling their upheaval and experience and telling me that they won't be affected by the move when you don't even know them or our lives and I am worrying about them every day.

There are also plenty of other posts about relocation packages - do a search of the forum and you'll realise how common it is and how many of us are getting them.

You also seem to have a strange definition of 'boasting' - I have said that I feel safe and happy where we live in the UK, and I've said it often on here. But it's only in response to others that state that the UK is a hellhole and that crime and danger are everywhere - I'm simply putting my point of view and experience across to give a balanced view. I'm sorry if you consider that boasting but would you rather I lied and said I hated it here and were beaten up by gangs of yobs every night? I've never claimed we live in 'nirvana' - but is a safe, nice area and there's nothing I would do to change that.

I'm very sorry for those that are struggling to get to Canada with the current economic climate, of course I am. But I fail to see how I'm responsible for making them feel worse about it - is it my fault? Should I lie or not bother to answer threads on this forum so that our experiences don't upset anybody? Everybody on here is going through different things, that's kind of the whole point of a public forum. How exactly are my comments, simply stating our experience and sharing it, belittling? I would hope that anybody trying to get to Canada and spending money to do so is sensible enough to not blame me for the fact that we're lucky enough to have help.

Finally, I would like to point out to Chumley that I have always said we may stay in Canada forever. This is a move without a finish date for us, the same as anybody else going over on a TWP. We have never said never and don't have any definite plans - we may well end up Canadian citizens. So yes, I do think we're emigrating as we just don't know when or if we will come back to the UK. It's not remotely the same as an Army assignment abroad which you know will end and which has an extensive support network when you are there.

Anyway, I'm going to leave this thread now as frankly you are both making me feel as though I'm not entitled to be on this forum because I'm not a true 'expat' in your eyes - which I don't agree with. Thanks to all of you that have sent me karma and message about this thread - it's appreciated.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 5th 2008 at 10:06 am.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I will actually promise never to set foot on the Canadian forum again (well type on it)
We heard that one before. Then you posted a new avalanche of self-contradictory bollocks.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

btw, not me mate:

From the "a truely rural eco sort of life" thread.

Oct 22nd 2008, 11:15 pm
Tangram

Maybe Chumley eats his own excrement in order to recycle I haven't the foggiest. Or maybe he lives on the North Shore.... I believe it's paradise there.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the theme of this thread should be renamed to "Don't Trash Anything (Including Each Other)"
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flashman
Maybe the theme of this thread should be renamed to "Don't Trash Anything (Including Each Other)"
I vote we change Trash to Flash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.