Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't Trash the UK!

Don't Trash the UK!

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Trash the UK!

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Don`t be suprised if a whole lot of other people slag you off on here for saying this stuff, as there are a lot of very sensitive types on the Canadian forum who easily get insulted. Whatever you do don`t say how great Canada is or they will really lay into you. I have done that, so I know what they are like.
I lay into you because you post a load of bollocks. Not because I'm unduly sensitive.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:51 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I did grow up in Suffolk - Mildenhall to be precise, but I have never visited Woodbridge in my life, and Mildenhall (at the opposite end of the county from Woodbridge), is hardly posh. Since the age of 18 I have lived in Portsmouth, Bristol, Birmingham and South London (Herne Hill - right next to Brixton) with a spell in Africa, before leaving the UK (and not because I was fed up with it). More recent family relocations mean that when we visit the UK these days we base ourselves in Glasgow or Dumfries. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Maybe you should be directing this at others who have criticized and not at me. None of this makes any differnce to me you know.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Elf. Only 40 years of research.......

and yes..... everywhere has its rough places. I cannot see Canada being anywhere near as bad as out of control uk but hey, I will let you know next year when I go

Cheers
It's different, there's less knife crime in Canada because everyone who wants one has a gun. If you want rough try Rexdale or any reservation; the third world right next door.

Anyone emigrating from the UK, to Canada or anywhere else, might want to be careful about burning bridges. It would only take a medical problem requiring heavy drug therapy to make living in Canada less sensible than going home. The same is true for the US. I expect luck is important in Australia too.

Last edited by dbd33; Nov 2nd 2008 at 8:56 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:53 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I lay into you because you post a load of bollocks. Not because I'm unduly sensitive.
Looks like your wife or partner, kicked you out of the wrong side of the bed this morning
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:54 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like your wife or partner, kicked you out of the wrong side of the bed this morning
and they're off
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:00 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you should be directing this at others who have criticized and not at me.
If you are going to post bollocks about me personally then I'm going to correct you.
And you have been rather eager to criticise the UK in the not too distant past

Last edited by elfman; Nov 2nd 2008 at 9:02 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Neither of them. One was rather dismissive of my performance in bed this afternoon but, oh well, you can't get it right every time.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:10 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by elfman
If you are going to post bollocks about me personally then I'm going to correct you.
And you have been rather eager to criticise the UK in the not too distant past
By saying that you could have lived in Woodbrige or somewhere similiar is hardly bollocks just a possibility! I even gave you the option of correcting me which you did. So I don`t see your problem on this?

As for my criticisms that you refer too.........Well I think you will find, that it was only people like you that blew it out of proportion in the first place and gradually destroyed the thread for the many others who were participating.

I think many others just on this thread alone have said negative stuff, far stronger than anything I have ever said in the past, so remember that before you start putting the blame around. So stick all of this in your pipe and smoke it, you old misery
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:11 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Neither of them. One was rather dismissive of my performance in bed this afternoon but, oh well, you can't get it right every time.
So you couldn`t get it up eh!!!...............Well never mind, there is always another day eh.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

So you couldn`t get it up eh
That never happens. If it seems likely I just lie back and think of England.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:19 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

That never happens. If it seems likely I just lie back and think of England.
Isn`t that what people receiving it think about???
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Isn`t that what people receiving it think about???

It's better to give than to receive but I can live with being the relatively passive partner. I think of architecture, art, history, culture in general, sports cars, access to Europe, physically beautiful landscapes such as the South Downs or the Cornwall coast, and let the foreigner do as she will.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:29 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

It's better to give than to receive but I can live with being the relatively passive partner. I think of architecture, art, history, culture in general, sports cars, access to Europe, physically beautiful landscapes such as the South Downs or the Cornwall coast, and let the foreigner do as she will.
Certainly is better to give than receive, but I suppose that is just a matter of personal opinion Sadly I don`t think about any of the stuff that you put, just in the thrill of the moment or hopefully momentS as I don`t believe in selling anybody short
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 10:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Certainly is better to give than receive, but I suppose that is just a matter of personal opinion Sadly I don`t think about any of the stuff that you put, just in the thrill of the moment or hopefully momentS as I don`t believe in selling anybody short

Obviously, if one is in Canada, the thought of a well designed building or a bottle of fine wine at a price one can afford, is overwhelmingly exciting, but one might think that, for a European, such things are humdrum. Surely you don't explode whenever you think of the Sagrada Familia?

Pardon the lag in posting this, the horses were hungry.

Last edited by dbd33; Nov 2nd 2008 at 10:09 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, I think this thread has taken the inevitable turn it deserved, and in a mere four pages too; dbd33 on good form today

Cheers, Iain (also ex-Suffolk, and also having never visited Woodbridge)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.