Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Don't throw it all away - give it to someone who will appreciate it!

Wikiposts

Don't throw it all away - give it to someone who will appreciate it!

Old May 31st 2007, 12:17 am
The Cookie Monsters

landhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant future
Smile Don't throw it all away - give it to someone who will appreciate it!

If you're finally on your way and your leaving date is imminent, no doubt you will seem to have a whole host of items sitting around the house and you don't really know what to do with them.

Well why not register with your local Feecycle Group? You can list the items you want gone and people will come and collect it from you. Obviously as the name suggests you can't charge for anything but what it does mean is that you will have got rid of your unwated items with a clear conscience and reduced your carbon footprint and possibly offset your flight emissions by not just heading for the local dump.

You will be amazed by what people will take from you if its free and many charities use the site to get items for the homeless etc.

Log onto
http://www.freecycle.org
Old May 31st 2007, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

blueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant future
Default Re: Don't throw it all away - give it to someone who will appreciate it!

I've jus been on both the UK and Canada/Ottawa sites. I wish I'd known about it a month ago. We are just getting ready for the removal firm to pack and transport our belongings to Ottawa. My wife & I have spent countless hours taking loads of stuff to charity shops. We could have saved ourselves lots of time!

Russ...
Old May 31st 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't throw it all away - give it to someone who will appreciate it!

Originally Posted by landhouse
If you're finally on your way and your leaving date is imminent, no doubt you will seem to have a whole host of items sitting around the house and you don't really know what to do with them.

Well why not register with your local Feecycle Group? You can list the items you want gone and people will come and collect it from you. Obviously as the name suggests you can't charge for anything but what it does mean is that you will have got rid of your unwated items with a clear conscience and reduced your carbon footprint and possibly offset your flight emissions by not just heading for the local dump.

You will be amazed by what people will take from you if its free and many charities use the site to get items for the homeless etc.

Log onto
http://www.freecycle.org

I recently joined the freecycle network here and got myself a new 25 gallon fishtank for nought!
Old May 31st 2007, 1:12 am
The Cookie Monsters

landhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant future

Of course it's great for getting things too, we got a fantastic 3m kayak for free.