Wikiposts

dog question

Old May 30th 2011, 7:09 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Default dog question

does anybody know if im supposed to include my dog on the goods to follow list
Old May 30th 2011, 7:13 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog question

yes , i believe you are.
Im sure there are posters who have mentioned that when they landed they were made to add their dogs.

If you are concerned about assigning a monetary value , you can always put "no commercial value"
Old May 30th 2011, 8:13 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

yep....I was asked to produce our goods to follow list when I cleared my dog through customs (a week after we landed). This was the Ottawa Customs Cargo office.
Old May 30th 2011, 8:25 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB0591
yep....I was asked to produce our goods to follow list when I cleared my dog through customs (a week after we landed). This was the Ottawa Customs Cargo office.
I am still confused about this GTF list.
As my husband is working in Canada and is a TWP holder, he didn't take a GTF list with him when he went to work there as he was not sure he was going to be staying after his year was up. Now he is sure he wants to stay and has our FSW app in and running, I am sending our furniture and personal effects and it doesn't matter that he didn't have one when he first arrived, for obvious reasons. I will also be sending our cats and since there was no GTF list when he first got there they are not on any list at all until they arrive.
Why is it different if you are TWP rather than a landing PR? I don't see why it matters. I have heard that sometimes they ask TWP holders to fill in a GTF form at Immigration, but they didn't ask my OH.
Old May 30th 2011, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

supergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nicesupergirly is just really nice

We did when we landed for a recce last year. We put 'one handsome golden retriever cross called Ben - Value:Priceless'

Seemed to make the immigration guy smile
Old May 30th 2011, 8:38 am
x 0 x

Originally Posted by helcat12
I am still confused about this GTF list.
As my husband is working in Canada and is a TWP holder, he didn't take a GTF list with him when he went to work there as he was not sure he was going to be staying after his year was up. Now he is sure he wants to stay and has our FSW app in and running, I am sending our furniture and personal effects and it doesn't matter that he didn't have one when he first arrived, for obvious reasons. I will also be sending our cats and since there was no GTF list when he first got there they are not on any list at all until they arrive.
Why is it different if you are TWP rather than a landing PR? I don't see why it matters. I have heard that sometimes they ask TWP holders to fill in a GTF form at Immigration, but they didn't ask my OH.
On the pet front, they gave me some grief for not having my GTF list but stamped the import document to release our pet anyway.

It is my understanding that when your shipped goods arrive and you go to clear the import paperwork through customs they can charge you an import fee. New residences or returning residence can declare GTF which can be imported tax free, this is provided you are not bringing in new goods.

Last edited by JB0591; May 30th 2011 at 8:41 am.
Old May 30th 2011, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

We were told by someone on here that you should not include them as they are not in the container?

Hope we don't have any problems when we take him over, have landed already just got to make the big move.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

We included Monty on our Goods accomanying list (we brought all our stuff and dog on the same flight).

If in doubt put it on the list.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:20 am
x 0 x

Originally Posted by daisychain
We were told by someone on here that you should not include them as they are not in the container?

Hope we don't have any problems when we take him over, have landed already just got to make the big move.
We presented two goods to follow lists, one for goods coming via air and the other for goods via ship. When I cleared the first lot of goods they crossed out the one list and gave me all the paperwork back....when the shipped goods arrived they crossed that list out and then wrote things like closed on the B form. If you put your dog on the list then they would just cross off that one item. They should also ask if all the goods on the list have arrived....hence you can say no and select which items have arrived.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Reading this thread I'm starting to panic a little.

We are landing next week, but our dog is being shipped out the day before us. My mom is picking him up in Calgary.

What do we do in this situation? Obviously I was going to include him on the GTF list, but he's arriving BEFORE us. Do I still put him on it anyway?? Will my mom have trouble picking him up at Cargo??
Old May 31st 2011, 8:36 am
x 0 x

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Reading this thread I'm starting to panic a little.

We are landing next week, but our dog is being shipped out the day before us. My mom is picking him up in Calgary.

What do we do in this situation? Obviously I was going to include him on the GTF list, but he's arriving BEFORE us. Do I still put him on it anyway?? Will my mom have trouble picking him up at Cargo??
At Cargo they will give her the import paperwork and tell her to go to CBSA customs office to get them to stamp the paperwork....I was asked where was my GTF list....they also asked for my passport and checked my visa etc.

Looking at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) website provided the dog is not imported for commerical reasons there should be no charge (apart from an inspection fee which your mum will pay to the airline upon presenting the stamped paperwork). I would ring CBSA and ask as they implement the policy.

I would just like to add, whilst we were sorting out the paperwork, the cargo office warehouse staff gave our dog water and were talking to her as they did their work. They said if she stays longer then they would have taken her out of the crate and walked her etc.

Last edited by JB0591; May 31st 2011 at 8:44 am.
Old May 31st 2011, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

At Cargo they will give her the import paperwork and tell her to go to CBSA customs office to get them to stamp the paperwork....I was asked where was my GTF list....they also asked for my passport and checked my visa etc.

Looking at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) website provided the dog is not imported for commerical reasons there should be no charge (apart from an inspection fee which your mum will pay to the airline upon presenting the stamped paperwork). I would ring CBSA and ask as they implement the policy.

I would just like to add, whilst we were sorting out the paperwork, the cargo office warehouse staff gave our dog water and were talking to her as they did there work. They said if she stays longer then they would have taken her out of the crate and walked her etc.
OK thanks that's very helpful. I'm still not sure what I should do though. Should I include him on the GTF list, and send my mom a copy of it so that customs can release our dog to her? Or should I rebook his flight so he arrives after us? I just didn't want to give our family here the hassle of taking him to the airport after us, which is why we arranged the day before, but I hadn't even considered the fact of customs, GTF list, etc.
Old May 31st 2011, 9:36 am
x 0 x

OK thanks that's very helpful. I'm still not sure what I should do though. Should I include him on the GTF list, and send my mom a copy of it so that customs can release our dog to her? Or should I rebook his flight so he arrives after us? I just didn't want to give our family here the hassle of taking him to the airport after us, which is why we arranged the day before, but I hadn't even considered the fact of customs, GTF list, etc.
Firstly dont rebook anything, ring CBSA and ask. I would ring the cargo office of the airline at Calgary airport and talk to them first then ask them for the contact number of the CBSA cargo office they will send your mom to....then ring them.

Secondly what I have written is based on my experience, some people have slightly different experiences.

Thirdly, your GTF list will be stamped and attached to a CBSA form when you land hence not valid unless stamped.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Firstly dont rebook anything, ring CBSA and ask. I would ring the cargo office of the airline at Calgary airport and talk to them first then ask them for the contact number of the CBSA cargo office they will send your mom to....then ring them.

Secondly what I have written is based on my experience, some people have slightly different experiences.

Thirdly, your GTF list will be stamped and attached to a CBSA form when you land hence not valid unless stamped.
Thanks so much for your advice. I phoned them and they said all my mom needs to pick him up is a letter of authorization from us. They may charge 5% duty of his value, but I'm not too worried - we'll stick in a low value of $100 or something and not tell him how little he's worth!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 7:47 am
x 0 x

we'll stick in a low value of $100 or something and not tell him how little he's worth!
lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.