Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

dog ..nova scotia flight

dog ..nova scotia flight

Old Oct 21st 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

emmsagogo has a spectacular aura aboutemmsagogo has a spectacular aura aboutemmsagogo has a spectacular aura about
Default dog ..nova scotia flight

hi there everyone
can anyone tell me if they have recently had their dog sent to nova scotia..and if they had it done cheaper than £2200 she is fairly big, in a large crate, and air canada is the only flight i could find.

we would really like her here soon
flights are stopping soon (direct ones)

los
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of
Default Re: dog ..nova scotia flight

Sounds about right, a small cat cost us £600+ to Vancouver and they charge you on both weight and volume. Perhaps if you used a smaller font it would be cheaper?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help with the shipping question, but I can tell you that direct flights from Heathrow to Halifax with Air Canada operate all year round. Canadian Affair are seasonal, roughly May to October.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:16 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by emmsagogo
hi there everyone
can anyone tell me if they have recently had their dog sent to nova scotia..and if they had it done cheaper than £2200 she is fairly big, in a large crate, and air canada is the only flight i could find.

we would really like her here soon
flights are stopping soon (direct ones)

los
Does the animal weigh more than 31.7 kilograms? If she is below that magic barrier you can take her onto the plane into the cabin as checked luggae.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

Hi All

We are in the same position...

31.7KG where did you see that information, was that air Canada?

I have flown a lot and never seen any animal on any plane...

This would be interesting as our pooch is about 30KG and will cost us £1600 to Ottawa.

Bob
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:39 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RGPickles
Hi All

We are in the same position...

31.7KG where did you see that information, was that air Canada?

I have flown a lot and never seen any animal on any plane...

This would be interesting as our pooch is about 30KG and will cost us £1600 to Ottawa.

Bob
Lufthansa and many Star Alliance flights have always had a program that was called "Pets on Board". Recently Air canada had banned ALL pets on Board and that got challenged by the CATA (Canadian Air Transport Authority) which has now basically "forced" Air Canada to reverse that ruling. They said that any animal (not considered dangerous) that weighs less than 70 pounds or 31.7 KG should be allowed on Board of an aircraft for domestic and international flights.

Have a read here http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010846073
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

very important london halifax flights for humans do operate all year round but only at weekends in winter

they do not operate all year round for dogs though
there are winter restrctions due to temperature and also over the christmas new year period
have a look on the air canada wesbite it gives dates and aircraft types that doogys cant take flight
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

emmsagogo has a spectacular aura aboutemmsagogo has a spectacular aura aboutemmsagogo has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by PaulandNikki
Sounds about right, a small cat cost us £600+ to Vancouver and they charge you on both weight and volume. Perhaps if you used a smaller font it would be cheaper?
that's really helpful..not
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

I like your font its easy to read for an old bird like me and good luck with your doggys flight

we brought our two precious babies over and it was the most stressful part of the whole experience

but seeing their little faces and waggy tails at Halifax airport made my big beefy soldier husband shed a tear

we used skydogs based in matlock derbyshire and they collected from the far north of england for us
the cost £2900 for both one a border collie one a cocker spaniel

they have settled wonderfully and apart from a few ticks in the spring they are having the time of their lives

the cocker has got her winter snow boots this week
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

thanks people...we are pretty stressed as the money side of things..it's a bummer..and we have the fear now of not seeing the dog all over the winter period. there are a few touchy people in this house at the moment. still ..we have our children...maybe we could teach them to catch stick!*
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

we flew 3 dogs with airpets for just over £3,000 and they provided crates, vet documentation plus everything else All we had to do was ensure they had at least 1 rabies injection. No problems and collected dogs ok from Halifax airport and fees also included them collecting from my parents about 4 hours from London and board them for 3 days. As far as I was concerned well worth the money and no stress
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Bainesy36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We too are looking at the cost of taking our pet Dalmation, Domino, with us from Manchester to Calgary in early 2009 and will be flying with Air Canada. The link below shows the cost of the pet as $270 CAD if it goes as excess baggage with the dog and crate weighing less than 70lb (32.5kg). The cost of the crates vary depending on the size, with the Giant being 270 Euro's ( approx' £210 GBP) as shown in the 2nd link. For pets and crates weighing over 70lb, they would have to go as Cargo for which you need to contact Air Canada for a price on International travel, however, looking at the last link which is from the USA to Canada, they're only charging $225 USD from the more remote locations for upto 65kg, so how do we end up at £2000+. Insurance/Paperwork etc??

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...gage/pets.html

http://www.gkair.de/shop_ac/catalog/...hp?language=us

http://www.aircanada.com/cargo/en/se...cing_us_ca.pdf

Nige and Soph
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by retsujou
Does the animal weigh more than 31.7 kilograms? If she is below that magic barrier you can take her onto the plane into the cabin as checked luggae.
I think Air Canada means they are allowed into the baggage area of the plane, NOT in the cabin. Only service dogs are allowed in the cabin.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough

yes, I read that as well... also there are exclusions depending on loads and temperatures in cargo holds.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by retsujou
Wow really? What airline allows this?

Thanks!

Act1980

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.