Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Dog to Fly ..... Zoom Code & Option

Dog to Fly ..... Zoom Code & Option

Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dog to Fly ..... Zoom Code & Option

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
just to let you know we have brought two dogs recently with air transat you do have to ring the this number in I think its toronto 01 877 8726728 ask for clubclass reservations then say you want to book your pet you should then be able to book at a cost £125.00. They email confirmation to you. By the way I have taken this information from my pet invoice so should be right.

you cannot book a pet through any london office. also I had a pet passport done for each of my dogs and they accepted that in London, Canada and USA with out any problems.
I hope this helps.
Certainly does and it's very much appreciated.

Do you have to buy a clubclass ticket though for yourself

How did you make the booking:

Online then call to book pets

Book pets first then book online

Or did you just book it all at the sametime over the phone on the number you gave.

Was there any stipulation ref max weight (i.e. A.Canada say max 32Kl incl crate)

Sorry for all the Q's

We will also be bringing 2 dogs

TA

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jan 21st 2008 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

ok like you I was told no dogs they had to go cargo and then got chatting to a guy who had just brought his over.

You have to book via canadian side you have to pay in $cnd not uk £ when going through the dreadful answer phone system you press the number for club or upgrade and then tell them you want to book a pet they should be able to do it from there, they only take five pets at a time so I would book my pets on before booking my flight. As we confirmed our pets booking we booked our flights on line so as to be on the same flight. They do stop taking pets at certain times of year due to extream weather but our pets were really well taken care of at gatwick. Also we found a company that supplies pet cargo recommend carriers at a fraction of the price of the shops they are a wholesale company but will sell to individuals. I think they are made by hagen
we also bought our pets the liners which are brilliant they keep them warm when its cold and cool if it gets hot, they also came with wheels which is handy for around the airport if you want the details let me know anything else just email me

by the way sorry to ramble.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
ok like you I was told no dogs they had to go cargo and then got chatting to a guy who had just brought his over.

You have to book via canadian side you have to pay in $cnd not uk £ when going through the dreadful answer phone system you press the number for club or upgrade and then tell them you want to book a pet they should be able to do it from there, they only take five pets at a time so I would book my pets on before booking my flight. As we confirmed our pets booking we booked our flights on line so as to be on the same flight. They do stop taking pets at certain times of year due to extream weather but our pets were really well taken care of at gatwick. Also we found a company that supplies pet cargo recommend carriers at a fraction of the price of the shops they are a wholesale company but will sell to individuals. I think they are made by hagen
we also bought our pets the liners which are brilliant they keep them warm when its cold and cool if it gets hot, they also came with wheels which is handy for around the airport if you want the details let me know anything else just email me

by the way sorry to ramble.
Thank you very much the info is excellent and invaluable. We have one carrier for the older dog but need one for the pup who will be about 6 - 8 months when she leaves so will need another carrier.

Better to get reccommended info from people who have done it than chance it without so I am really grateful for all your help and advice.

Cheers Dave
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Hi Davie
the company is called SMYLEE PETS they have 2 phone numbers
08452 607160 or 01953 861266 they retail at about half the price of any where else.

Also don't take any dog food or biscuits with you, I have known people to get into trouble for this. Just do what we did buy them Mcdonalds when you get off the plane.

Good luck.

Sandra
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cynthia2373
When I looked into Air Canada it was VERY expensive to fly the dogs with us - nearly £5k!! With AT it's costing us less than £2k for all of the animals!!
Hope you manage to get the info you need!
I don't know where you got £5k from, its cost us £125 for our dog as excess baggage. I think all the 'agents' charge a fortune when it can be arranged yourselves.
Air Canada were more than helpful on the phone.
Jay
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough

When I spoke to Air Canada I was quoted over £4700 this was because I wanted to transport FIVE dogs and ONE cat (SIX animals) They wouldn't let me take them as excess baggage as they said they don't do that so unless I spoke to someone who didn;t know what they were doing or it's different if all you're doing is transporting one animal I don't know, all I was doing was telling the OP what I was told. I did NOT speak to an agent to go through Air Canada.

Originally Posted by smithjm
I don't know where you got £5k from, its cost us £125 for our dog as excess baggage. I think all the 'agents' charge a fortune when it can be arranged yourselves.
Air Canada were more than helpful on the phone.
Jay
Old Feb 12th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ipevo
Use Zoom code MM2007ZA for up to 20% discounts on all flights, one way or return

I take it that code isn't for the transportation of dogs? Don't think (but don't quote me on this) that Zoom transport dogs they seem only to use certain agents who you have to go through.

My dogs weigh about 45kg each and the crates probably weigh about the same (extra large airpet crates x 2). Anyone been in this situation and who did you use and how much did it cost?

Can't seem to get to talk to anyone at Air Transat about transportation. Do the dogs have to travel on the same flight and I'm guessing that you have to be the other side after they arrive to do paperwork. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.