Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does this sound correct? (Uk/IRE to Canada flight prices)

Does this sound correct? (Uk/IRE to Canada flight prices)

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

DazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant future
Default Does this sound correct? (Uk/IRE to Canada flight prices)

Hello. Me and my gf have been accepted onto the IEC scheme and are hoping to go out late October after a wedding. After having checked prices earlier in the year (looking in Feb for flights in July) I was quoted prices of around £300 one way all in per person. Now in October / November the lowest prices from Dublin - Edmonton are around £500, why the sudden hike? Nearer ski season or that? That was from the canadian affair website, travelsupermarket quoted us £480 each from early November too. Skyskanner and the other big name search engines were in the thousands!

Where else should i be looking or is that the best i can expect? Wanting to go Belfast or Dublin to Edmonton if that helps anyone.

Thanks very much
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 4:00 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default Re: Does this sound correct? (Uk/IRE to Canada flight prices)

Originally Posted by DazzaP
Hello. Me and my gf have been accepted onto the IEC scheme and are hoping to go out late October after a wedding. After having checked prices earlier in the year (looking in Feb for flights in July) I was quoted prices of around £300 one way all in per person. Now in October / November the lowest prices from Dublin - Edmonton are around £500, why the sudden hike? Nearer ski season or that? That was from the canadian affair website, travelsupermarket quoted us £480 each from early November too. Skyskanner and the other big name search engines were in the thousands!

Where else should i be looking or is that the best i can expect? Wanting to go Belfast or Dublin to Edmonton if that helps anyone.

Thanks very much
Have you tried www.skyscanner.net ?

Regards

Andrew
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 5:52 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much
Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Have you tried www.skyscanner.net ?

Regards

Andrew
I guess they did try Skyscanner.
Scary prices on there.... taking it to extremes one of them was Economy Emirates over $19,000 + taxes
Cheapest was about 1900 bucks.

Air Transat.
You can fly economy one way

Dublin - Montreal (3rd Oct 2013)
CAD $700.86 / per adult incl. tx + fees
or

Dublin - Toronto. (15th Oct 2013)
Prices is showing as: CAD $511.00 / per adult incl. tx + fees
If you go on the 19th it jumps to $700.00

I couldn't see an option to Edmonton from Dublin with Air Transat.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 6:37 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by james.mc
I guess they did try Skyscanner.
Scary prices on there.... taking it to extremes one of them was Economy Emirates over $19,000 + taxes
Cheapest was about 1900 bucks.

Air Transat.
You can fly economy one way

Dublin - Montreal (3rd Oct 2013)
CAD $700.86 / per adult incl. tx + fees
or

Dublin - Toronto. (15th Oct 2013)
Prices is showing as: CAD $511.00 / per adult incl. tx + fees
If you go on the 19th it jumps to $700.00

I couldn't see an option to Edmonton from Dublin with Air Transat.
I need to read posts more carefully before a reply. Bit of a big night last night!!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

DazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant future

Bit of an update, we booked our flights regardless of price (£1000 all in for the pair of us for anyone interested through travelsupermarket and aerlingus) so we are having a "big night" ourselves to celebrate now. Hope to see all you lovely canadians in November! Sh*t just got very real, eeeek!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and by the by, it HAD to be late Oct or later because all of our selfish friends and family were getting married this year (how thoughtless! ha) so this seems to be the best date for us . So elated and excited, my girl hasn't stopped crying all day. Woop!
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 10:21 pm
Andrew

Bit of an update, we booked our flights regardless of price (£1000 all in for the pair of us for anyone interested through travelsupermarket and aerlingus) so we are having a "big night" ourselves to celebrate now. Hope to see all you lovely canadians in November! Sh*t just got very real, eeeek!
Good luck, that excited feeling you have not felt since Xmas when you were a kid

All the best

Andrew
Old Jun 24th 2013, 4:15 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
I need to read posts more carefully before a reply. Bit of a big night last night!!
No worries... we all have them
Old Jun 24th 2013, 4:18 pm
All Sooked up!

Oh and by the by, it HAD to be late Oct or later because all of our selfish friends and family were getting married this year (how thoughtless! ha) so this seems to be the best date for us . So elated and excited, my girl hasn't stopped crying all day. Woop!
Dazza

Glad you managed to book your flights.

Maybe your girlfriend will stop crying if you upgrade her to business class... she can sit next to you then