Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does PR card by mail

Does PR card by mail

Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

filz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does PR card by mail

Does anybody know if permanent resident cards posted to the address given at the port of entry come via normal mail or they have to be signed for.We are going to have them sent to a friends address but our friends may be away in the time frame the PR cards turn up.

Also are the cards for a family coming through POE at the same time likley to come as one package or individual ones for each memeber of the family.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:25 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does PR card by mail

Come by regular mail, and they also come separately so there is no guarantee that everyone's will come at the same time.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice

Originally Posted by filz
Does anybody know if permanent resident cards posted to the address given at the port of entry come via normal mail or they have to be signed for.We are going to have them sent to a friends address but our friends may be away in the time frame the PR cards turn up.

Also are the cards for a family coming through POE at the same time likley to come as one package or individual ones for each memeber of the family.
Three of my family landed together and we all got our cards at different times.
Hubbies came first mine came days later and sons came 3 weeks later.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dr.T is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! We 'landed' at Vancouver Airport on July 9th and my Partner and her son were processed at the Immigration centre at the airport. You mentioned that the cards are sent individually by regular mail: could you give me the timeframes from 'Landing' for the various cards? he reason I ask is that the Immigration Officer at the Airport said that although the CIC website gives 30 days for processing; in the busier summer months it can take as long as 45 - 60 days to arrive at the address provided. Just curious if anyone has any up to date timings.

Many thanks

Dr.T
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

charlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dr.T
Hi! We 'landed' at Vancouver Airport on July 9th and my Partner and her son were processed at the Immigration centre at the airport. You mentioned that the cards are sent individually by regular mail: could you give me the timeframes from 'Landing' for the various cards? he reason I ask is that the Immigration Officer at the Airport said that although the CIC website gives 30 days for processing; in the busier summer months it can take as long as 45 - 60 days to arrive at the address provided. Just curious if anyone has any up to date timings.

Many thanks

Dr.T
Remember this is Canada and things like timeframes etc do not really apply here. There is no logical progression in the way govt departments etc work. You would think it would be done in order of receipt but this is not always the case. In the same way you waited for your visa's with no way to find out progression you will wait for your PR cards also.

Mine came within 2-3 weeks my wifes took over 3 months, and both were submitted at the same time, we were convinced it had gone missing in the mail (something at regularly happens here).

Same with medical issues, I had bloodwork done 2 months ago and am waiting for the results, my wife had work done and got hers back in 4 days.

No logical reasons, just sit back and wait worrying about things that you cannot control will only make settling harder.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Dr.T is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Sound advice. We'll just stay tuned and hope they arrive in the next 4-6 weeks.

Dr.T