Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Does this look cold?

Does this look cold?

Old Jan 28th 2005, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice
Default Does this look cold?

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/Streaming.shtml

Best viewed during the day when you can actually see the snow. Unless there is a white out and then the camera I assume has got all this white shit stuff called snow stuck to it.

I sit looking and I just wonder, and wonder, and wonder.....

What is a soft southern pansy like me going to do with all that white stuff.

Easy I guess for those north of the boder to adjust to the new climbs. I wonder if they actually resort to putting underpants on beneath the kilt.

No way - way too tough.
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice
Default Re: Does this look cold?

Just bringing it back to the top for those in the UK to see as dawn breaks across a b... e... a.. utiful day of Niagra in snow
Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:30 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Just bringing it back to the top for those in the UK to see as dawn breaks across a b... e... a.. utiful day of Niagra in snow
Brings back memories ... I used to sit at my desk in the UK and watch the fallscam ...

Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:16 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Stayed at the Sheraton fallsview once when my brother visited. If you are only staying in Niagara once then I thouroughly recommend it...breathtaking views and well worth the money..although we just turned up on the day and took what they had (at a hefty discount) rather than pay through the nose in advance.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update on Niagra for streams for those who just like looking at water running

http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/Streaming.shtml
http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/Streaming2.shtml
http://www.fallsview.com/Stream/Streaming3.shtml

an old thread as it looks warm now.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

I also stayed in this hotel and the veiw was breathtaking. You actually felt as if you never wanted to leave the room. Amazing! Summer or winter the falls is a beautiful sight.
cheap deals this time of year!

Originally Posted by iaink
Stayed at the Sheraton fallsview once when my brother visited. If you are only staying in Niagara once then I thouroughly recommend it...breathtaking views and well worth the money..although we just turned up on the day and took what they had (at a hefty discount) rather than pay through the nose in advance.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by babyblue
I also stayed in this hotel and the veiw was breathtaking. You actually felt as if you never wanted to leave the room. Amazing! Summer or winter the falls is a beautiful sight.
cheap deals this time of year!
My wife and I were mesmerised. We absolutley loved the whole area - so did the children (adults really). I have never felt so comfortable during the 2 weeks we were lucky enough to get to go to Canada. But we go up and down every day as to the whole emigration process. Normal I am told but it does not make it any better while you are going through it. Its like an illness that has a cure but you are not sure when the antibiotics will take effect.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
My wife and I were mesmerised. We absolutley loved the whole area - so did the children (adults really). I have never felt so comfortable during the 2 weeks we were lucky enough to get to go to Canada. But we go up and down every day as to the whole emigration process. Normal I am told but it does not make it any better while you are going through it. Its like an illness that has a cure but you are not sure when the antibiotics will take effect.
I understand totaly!

This is not such a bad thing becuase i am sure you would have read from some of the other threads here that even when you make the final move you will probably feel the same for a while as it takes some adjusting. Just being honest. My son is nearly 15 and he found it difficult but he is adjusting now. It takes time but i am sure you will love it once you settle in.
This is probably a weird analogy but it similar to a death. It is an emotional resettlment and leaving people behind is always difficult. But you know that life will get better you just need to lay the past to rest and build the future.
i hope you don't think i am being too negative. I am trying to be realistic as it is tough to start with.

Good luck for the future