Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Uk nurses in canada

Uk nurses in canada

Old Aug 12th 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Uk nurses in canada

I am about to start registration with BC. Can you take the canadian nursing exam in the UK or do you have to be in canada?

I would really appreciate it if someone could let me no there time line from start to finish. I have about 13 months before i would like to be out there.

We are going to go on a work permit hopefully.

Is the exam hard? im a registered adult nurse and a bit worried about answering questions on other specialities.

Thanks!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Kabel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Uk nurses in canada

I'm a UK nurse (there's a few on here) but still in the UK. Currently I've had my application for assessment for the CRNBC (like the NMC) ok'd and that means I'm eligible to apply for temporary registration and work in BC whilst I await to sit the CRNE. Still looking at jobs for me and my OH (he's an RMN) so yet to go through the LMO and WP stuff. LMO could be quick (ish) but could take up to a few months, then you've got to add another 2-3 months to get WP sorted as we need medicals to work in healthcare. If you're looking at ending up with a more permanent move there is of course also the PNP option.

My eligibility came through after 2 months so it was quicker than the 4-6months I originally got quoted from the recruitment peeps but it depends on how quick everything gets sent back to them and how easy it is to assess your nurse training in comparison to theirs (eg if you were project 2000 it's fairly straightforward). The eligibility lasts 2 years so I've got that much time to get organised. With your timeframe I'd say get your application into the CRNBC as you can sit on it a while before you get the other stuff done if you need to wait.

Re the exam; it can only be sat in Canada. There's only 3 times a year you can sit it and then you have the pleasure of a day that starts at 0715 and ends at 1715 with 8 6f those hours being the exam itself.......mmmmmm I just can't wait .

Hope all that helps

Kabel