Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

does anyone have ability to record a BBC radio show?

does anyone have ability to record a BBC radio show?

Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of
Default does anyone have ability to record a BBC radio show?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Boys_Special/

was a BBC 6 music show broadcast on 1st Jan.

is anyone able to record this show into an MP3 format for me?

thank you
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:11 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: does anyone have ability to record a BBC radio show?

6music shows are normally a bugger to download/record, it's all to do with the BBC's copyright and broadcast licences. Can you not just stream it to iPlayer? (I'm guessing not or you wouldn't have asked the question...)
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:11 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Boys_Special/

was a BBC 6 music show broadcast on 1st Jan.

is anyone able to record this show into an MP3 format for me?

thank you
http://www.brothersoft.com/iplayer-d...ws-225265.html

or if you have a mac

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/28733
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

they only work in the UK. out of the UK you can only listen on an online stream. not save it.

i can listen to the show fine on i player on the bbc website. but its only available for the next 2 days and i dont have time to listen to it.

so i want to save it for later.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:14 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
6music shows are normally a bugger to download/record, it's all to do with the BBC's copyright and broadcast licences. Can you not just stream it to iPlayer? (I'm guessing not or you wouldn't have asked the question...)
Radio is a problem with iPlayer - as far as I can see it doesn't allow you to download to listen to later only streamed direct. I prefer to download as you don't get the interruptions you get when streaming so I use a downloader for radio.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:19 pm

they only work in the UK. out of the UK you can only listen on an online stream. not save it.

i can listen to the show fine on i player on the bbc website. but its only available for the next 2 days and i dont have time to listen to it.

so i want to save it for later.
Ah, those applications take the iplayer stream and remove the DRM and encode it as mp3. If you can stream it then it might work for you.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:21 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

the search engine is your friend

http://www.zshare.net/audio/701774632e9b262f/
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeUK
the search engine is your friend

http://www.zshare.net/audio/701774632e9b262f/
great thank you..

i did try searching but had no luck.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

now you've found it, but for future, could use - http://po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob
now you've found it, but for future, could use - http://po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/
again, only works if you are in the UK.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:12 pm

Have you even tried it? It won't give you access to stuff that's only available in the UK, but the way those applications work is that they take the stream and encode it. If the stream is available and you can browse to it on the iplayer website without getting a location warning then it will probably work just fine.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 7:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

not if you use a vpn proxy, which I thought you'd be using to access it...

thefreevpn.com might be worth looking at, though I know they have had issues with their UK server, don't know if they've sorted it...otherwise, you'll have to pay for a proxy server.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:50 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
not if you use a vpn proxy, which I thought you'd be using to access it...

thefreevpn.com might be worth looking at, though I know they have had issues with their UK server, don't know if they've sorted it...otherwise, you'll have to pay for a proxy server.
don't think that was the issue, Bob. I also listen to quite a bit of BBC radio online from here. Some programmes - Radio 4 comedies, news & current affairs stuff, essentially original content to which the BBC owns the copyright - are available either for streaming or for downloading/podcasting. Others, typically those where there are PRS and copyright considerations, are only available to stream and not to download. This is the same whether you're in the UK or elsewhere. A VPN proxy won't help; a DRM-ripping tool such as Alan2005 mentions may be very helpful indeed. I shall be investigating....
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
don't think that was the issue, Bob. I also listen to quite a bit of BBC radio online from here. Some programmes - Radio 4 comedies, news & current affairs stuff, essentially original content to which the BBC owns the copyright - are available either for streaming or for downloading/podcasting. Others, typically those where there are PRS and copyright considerations, are only available to stream and not to download. This is the same whether you're in the UK or elsewhere. A VPN proxy won't help; a DRM-ripping tool such as Alan2005 mentions may be very helpful indeed. I shall be investigating....
Lot of the iplayer stuff isn't available out here, that's where the vpn comes in, the ripper will only work if you get access to the stream...and turns out we were linking the same software, I just went direct rather than a mirror
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

youngmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud ofyoungmimesofharlem has much to be proud of

If you have a mac a piece of software called AudioHijack will record ANY audio that you can play on your computer and encode it as MP3. I used to record the John Peel Tribute and Documentary special after his death and cannot speak highly enough of it.

I suspect (but cannot be sure) there will be a PC equivalent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.