Doctors in Okotoks

Doctors in Okotoks

Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

JasonnJane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Doctors in Okotoks

Found it...................it was under heading of:-

Re: Medical docs from GP???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello , I am going to okotoks to work as a gp in april, if you are near by and need a doctor. if you email me, private note , or whatever it's called I can give you my details. x

The members username was GeDe
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
Found it...................it was under heading of:-

Re: Medical docs from GP???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello , I am going to okotoks to work as a gp in april, if you are near by and need a doctor. if you email me, private note , or whatever it's called I can give you my details. x

The members username was GeDe
Thanks, will try and find the thread.

Lorraine
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

JasonnJane is an unknown quantity at this point

how are you finding life in Okotoks..that is one of our two choices for when we arrive in October what good and bad points have you found so far?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JasonnJane
how are you finding life in Okotoks..that is one of our two choices for when we arrive in October what good and bad points have you found so far?
I love it so far, we live in the South part and everything is within walking distance, which is good as we only have 1 car at the moment and OH takes it to work everyday. Kids love the school and have settled in really well.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 9:45 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
Why do you go to South Calgary Louise and not to the lab at the Health Centre here? (I'm just interested because I have to have monthly blood tests and have always just gone to the lab here)
only because we live in De Winton so we are half way between Okotoks & Calgary. Its a quicker drive for us to go to the Sth Calgary Health Centre
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:41 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jamie677
Hi
When we lived in okotoks a few years ago i did my back in,didnt have a doc so went to the walk in clinic and the did it all there xrays the lot,you can always ring and ask maybe they can tell you where to go.
Hope you find somewhere soon
There is no walk in clinic in Okotoks, just the Urgent Care.

Mrs W works in the Urgent Care, and they are always the first to find out what Dr's are new or taking patients. There have been a couple in the last 6 months, but both are now full - meaning no Doctors are currently taking patients.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

If you don't mind traveling to High River there is Dr Fortin at the Medicine Tree Clinic on 3rd Ave SW. He was taking on new patients as not long opened his clinic, here is the link to his website. http://www.medicinetree.ca/Clinic/Welcome.html
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wiggs1034
There is no walk in clinic in Okotoks, just the Urgent Care.

Mrs W works in the Urgent Care, and they are always the first to find out what Dr's are new or taking patients. There have been a couple in the last 6 months, but both are now full - meaning no Doctors are currently taking patients.
So would I be able to walk in a get a blood test done in the Urgent Care?

Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorrden

Don't know about Okotoks but you can in High River hospital you just check in at front desk then go to the lab take a number and wait for your number to be called. The only issue is you need a Doc for the results to be sent to. Though if you have forms from the insurance requesting the results be sent direct to them then it shouldn't be a problem. I would call the Alberta Health Link on 1-866-408-5465 its a toll free 24 hour help line staffed by nurses they will be able to tell you what to do for the best. I have called them a few times about the kids they are really helpful.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louise033
We go to Dr Wilson at the Mokala Med Centre in Okotoks but I have never had a blood test at my doctors. They normally just give you a requisition form & I take it to the Sth Calgary Health Centre where they take the blood.
Dr Wilson is lovely, she is on Mat leave right now but was taking new patients at christmas time.
Tried the Mokala Med centre, they are not taking on any more patients at the moment due to 2 docs being on Mat Leave

Went to Urgent Care and asked there, and was informed that NO Drs in Okotoks were taking on new patients - GREAT!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by allicat001
If you don't mind traveling to High River there is Dr Fortin at the Medicine Tree Clinic on 3rd Ave SW. He was taking on new patients as not long opened his clinic, here is the link to his website. http://www.medicinetree.ca/Clinic/Welcome.html
Hi, thanks .... will give him a call in the morning
Old Jul 6th 2010, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorrden

You can just walk in to the lab opposite the Urgent Care to get a blood test done as long as you have the paperwork which says what blood test you need doing etc. As long as you have an Alberta Health Card you just take one of the numbers and sit and wait to be called. You don't need to go to Urgent Care to get a blood test done.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by allicat001
Dr Fortin is closed until 13th July and is not taking on any new patients, back to the drawing board!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

have you tried any docs in South Calgary? I know some people got into a docs office in Chaparral (the strip mall next to Walden I think), and there's a walk-in surgery in Chaparral where a Canadian friend of mine got bloodwork done. (the strip mall by the Esso gas station on corner of Chaparral Drive and Chaparral Blvd - the docs office is next to Pizza 73). Docs are like gold-dust round here - we were on a waiting list for almost a year before we got one.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snoopster
have you tried any docs in South Calgary? I know some people got into a docs office in Chaparral (the strip mall next to Walden I think), and there's a walk-in surgery in Chaparral where a Canadian friend of mine got bloodwork done. (the strip mall by the Esso gas station on corner of Chaparral Drive and Chaparral Blvd - the docs office is next to Pizza 73). Docs are like gold-dust round here - we were on a waiting list for almost a year before we got one.
Thanks, we have been told about Walk in Clinic near Ikea, they will do test there an then, I have been phoning the Doctors offices here to no avail, but someone has told me to physically go to the into the Doctors offices and ask to be put on the waiting list, will try that too

Last edited by Lorrden; Jul 7th 2010 at 3:36 am. Reason: spelling