Reload this Page >

Do it yourself dogs !!

Do it yourself dogs !!

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Lyn_and_John is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do it yourself dogs !!

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
you need to contact the cargo arm cos if you ring Air transatt they say no dogs!! all v convuluted!!
As it turns out, they do transport dogs - they dont transort them as excessive baggage - they have to go as Cargo - spoke to them today
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John
As it turns out, they do transport dogs - they dont transort them as excessive baggage - they have to go as Cargo - spoke to them today
Just an additon to this. Air Transat no longer fly from Manchester to Toronto. I believe most (if not all) direct flights to Toronto from Manchester are now done by Thomas Cook. I spoke to them this morning regarding my dog and its no problem at all, although they do like to work through pet carriers rather than just owners bringing dogs in crates i suspect. Anyway, very nice and helpful, i even asked about pets not being transported at certain times of the year due to temp in the cargo hold and they say its not generally a problem on the bigger transatlantic planes and not to worry about it. Contact for Thomas cook is 0161-498-4728
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:46 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Just an additon to this. Air Transat no longer fly from Manchester to Toronto. I believe most (if not all) direct flights to Toronto from Manchester are now done by Thomas Cook. I spoke to them this morning regarding my dog and its no problem at all, although they do like to work through pet carriers rather than just owners bringing dogs in crates i suspect. Anyway, very nice and helpful, i even asked about pets not being transported at certain times of the year due to temp in the cargo hold and they say its not generally a problem on the bigger transatlantic planes and not to worry about it. Contact for Thomas cook is 0161-498-4728
yeah - think its all the same lot- the cargo for At / TC!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
yeah - think its all the same lot- the cargo for At / TC!
nope - not same lot - air transat cargo (very nice man) gave me the thomas cook number
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:01 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

nope - not same lot - air transat cargo (very nice man) gave me the thomas cook number

Howdy Accy Folk
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

emmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to all

We have flown our dog over today to join us and had a nightmare so far. The Defra documentation requested over 10 days ago to the vets continually failed to appear thanks to Royal Mail and UK failure to be able to cope with snow.

The third copy that was promised to be sent Special Delivery was not because Royal Mail would not guarantee special delivery timings due to the snow, so Defra, in their wisdom, decided not to send it Special and try it again first class instead with two days to go until the flight.

Yesterday they finally agreed to print it out in Chelmsford so we could get it picked up by courier and sent to the vet.

The vet completed it but did not do a separate fit to fly letter despite our request because they checked with Defra in Carlisle who told them it wasn't needed.

My friend took her this morning to book her in to Air Canada Cargo and Defra on site at Heathrow said they did need a separate letter too so said friend had to take her to a nearby vet to get one.

Then the 3pm flight she was booked on, the heating had failed in the Cargo hold so she could not go on that flight. She was put on the 7pm flight and has now finally landed in Toronto.

Hubby is currently trying to get her out of Toronto and customs are throwing a strop because he has not taken the goods to follow list with him (she is on it but we just did not think about that side of it - neither did Air Canada when I asked what documentation was required for collection).

Just waiting to hear back if he has managed to get our dog yet, poor devil. She has been on the road/air (whatever) for the past 19 hours, the last 10 of which in her crate. OMG!!

Anyone else doing this, make sure you have both Defra form and fit to fly letter - don't allow anyone involved to act on conflicting advice between the airline and Defra about what is needed - get everything anyway. And, take your goods to follow list to collect! Oh, and give Defra more than the 10 days notice and hope and pray it doesn't snow in England.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:07 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no - hope doggy is ok!!! They never even asked to see our Goods to follow list!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

emmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to all

Apparently they have gone to get her now.

Its my husbands birthday on 10th Jan (ooops that's now) so they were questioning him on whether she had been sent as a birthday present!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

He has got her now. She wiffs a bit but apart from that is okay!
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to book their dog or cat with Thomas Cook directly?

Many thanks

Sara
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmae
Hope she is okay emmae and Happy birthday hubby
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Coffeepot

She is home safe and sound now and seems no worse the wear for her journey.

She is feeling the cold on her feet though. Does anyone know if her pads on her paws adapt to the snowy conditions or would we be better getting her some protective wear to help?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 4:53 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by arabian77
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to book their dog or cat with Thomas Cook directly?

Many thanks

Sara
nope - thru the cargo arm
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

peter-g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Just reading through this post as it will apply to us in a few months. We have all the flights booked for July, we will be going for 2 weeks in April to validate our visa's and try to sort out as much as possible, we did not even consider putting the dog on the "to follow list" (oop's).
Can anyone please advise us on exactly what paper work we require & what injections are required for our 3 year old yorkshire terrier, she is already micro chipped.

regarding transport we have had to use an agent to book her on a Thomas cook flight from Manchester to Toronto, they deliver a crate to our home & we take the dog to the airport, total cost £450.00.

if anyone wants the name of the agent please let me know.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emmae
Thank god you have her safe and sound.
When mine flew over in May my oh picked him up whilst i was still in uk.
I was ringing him every 10 mins to check on progress, think i drove him a bit crazy...........
They asked him how much the dog was worth - he said "he's priceless" they said thats just cost you a fortune as they were taxing him on his value, oh he said i just remembered he's worth $50 !!!

xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.