Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

do canadians have a sense of humour????

do canadians have a sense of humour????

Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:35 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do canadians have a sense of humour????

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
It doesn't if you are a stranger or not doing it right. If the person you are dead panning doesn't know your are dead panning, well, maybe you should work on your dead panning.
Oh really...
(for all you Canadians that's sarcasm)
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:38 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Oh really...
(for all you Canadians that's sarcasm)
I would say more sarcastic than sarcasm.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:40 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say more sarcastic than sarcasm.
I concede the point
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

[

Are you Canadian?
Just answer the question please i.e. Explain.

Last edited by Largo; Jul 17th 2009 at 1:47 am.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:46 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree to an extent. If you are a stranger then sarcasm can go undetected, if people know you then they know what to expect from you. It isn't always easy to tell when someone is being sarcastic if one moment they are being serious about the price of cheese and poultry and then try a bit of sarcasm, both can sound equally funny or equally not funny. Trying being sarcastic with a smile on your face instead of attempting to look serious.
Ahh that ruins the fun if your giving them help to work out your being sarcastic...
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:47 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

How can the nation that spawned "Corner Gas" possibly be accused of not having a sense of humour?

They do have one. It's just a bit like their sense of fashion, or their taste in music. Just a bit...okay, a lot... different.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

I concede the point
15 love.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:00 am

[QUOTE=Largo;7759733]

Just answer the question please i.e. Explain.
I think it's pretty clear what I meant - but I can spell it out for slow people. The Canadian sense of humour is just not that funny.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Ahh that ruins the fun if your giving them help to work out your being sarcastic...
Quite - I even added smilies to my reply above and that ruins all the fun.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Troll

based on the evidence presented by brit immigrants, it appears that Canadians don't find the brit sense of humor all that funny either.

30 love

Last edited by Lord Vader; Jul 17th 2009 at 2:06 am.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:11 am

based on the evidence presented by brit immigrants, it appears that Canadians don't find the brit sense of humor all that funny either.

30 love
Obviously... that's because they don't have much of a sense of humour. Have you see the royal air farce?

30:15
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Alan2005;7759757]
Originally Posted by Largo

I think it's pretty clear what I meant - but I can spell it out for slow people. The Canadian sense of humour is just not that funny.

Perhaps you should not be so quick to judge, on both counts.
How long have you been in Canada?
Perhaps you are one of those 'arrogant' , know it alls , who give other Brits a bad name.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Troll

Obviously... that's because they don't have much of a sense of humour. Have you see the royal air farce?

30:15
you are missing the irony

40-15
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:21 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of Canadians have a sense of humour and a comic sensibility accessible to the rest of the world, Sean Majunder and Russel Peters spring immediately to mind. The unhyphenated are a bit slow in this regard but even they are able to muster a joke now and then; electing Stephen Harper as Prime Minister being a prime piece of plonker pulling.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Troll

I thought the desperate housewife would show up on this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.