Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

DIY PET FLIGHTS

Wikiposts

DIY PET FLIGHTS

Old Nov 15th 2010, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all
Default Re: DIY PET FLIGHTS

Just to let you know we bought ours from a company called smylee pets. They are a wholesaler so were very cheap
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Thank you soooooo much....I couldn't figure out why the keyboard suddenly dropped it.....it moved my @ sign to number two as well....gremlins are at work...for sure!!! I had resorted to some copy and paste tactics as well at times.
lol
Stef
That's Canadian/US keyboards for you, lol - it took me months to get used to the @ key being in the wrong place!

Alt characters/codes are very useful http://www.russellcottrell.com/greek...s/AltCodes.htm

I don't live near you, unfortunately, otherwise I would have love a coffee

Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
That's Canadian/US keyboards for you, lol - it took me months to get used to the @ key being in the wrong place!

Alt characters/codes are very useful http://www.russellcottrell.com/greek...s/AltCodes.htm

I don't live near you, unfortunately, otherwise I would have love a coffee

Oh that's a shame......Thanks for the link
Stef
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Husky and me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mags1972
Hi Steff

just got off the phone with AC cargo and the price quoted works out at £838.46 each so £2515.37 for all 3 Huskies and Kennels, the kennels, XL, I have found on the internet, Ebay, for £92.99 each so if u add 3 of these you get £2794.34 in total but this is from Heathrow to Calgary.

I have contacted Animal Airlines for an updated quote based on 3 vari kennels which we are providing from Manchester to Calgary, if this is cheaper or a similar price we will go with Animal Airlines as with AC we still have to get to Heathrow, 2 3/4 hours compared to 1 hour and the biggest thing is I get to fly on the same plane as them with the Manchester option, as you found out Air Canada is way more expensive compared to Canadian Affair, £769 in May AC compared to £199 Canadian Affair Thomas Cook.

I did find dealing with AC cargo on the phone really easy, he couldn't give me an accurate quote as I am not flying until May but he was happy to give me a quote today based on the combined weight of all 3 kennels and the 3 dogs.

Told me to ring 30 days before due date to fly when ready to book.

Thanks again Steff for the info though.
Hi are you using the giant vari kennels? i have a husky as well that i want to take to edmonton well or calgary next may or june ....please let me know who you end up using! we may be travelling together hahhah
Old Nov 29th 2010, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Meldrews is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thank you so much for your information, although we were very worried about arranging this ourselves it worked out perfectly. We saved a lot a lot of money, we were quoted £577 for our 4 year old Shitzhu through a pet freight company.

We arrived in Halifax on Saturday she travelled as excess baggage £120 I bought the sky kennel from the company that you recommended and £81 including vat and postage.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
That is fantastic news.....that is exactly what this forum is all about and why I posted the information. Emigrating is expensive enough without wasting money when you really do not need to. Good luck in your new home!
Stef

Originally Posted by Meldrews
Hi thank you so much for your information, although we were very worried about arranging this ourselves it worked out perfectly. We saved a lot a lot of money, we were quoted £577 for our 4 year old Shitzhu through a pet freight company.

We arrived in Halifax on Saturday she travelled as excess baggage £120 I bought the sky kennel from the company that you recommended and £81 including vat and postage.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone know if registration papers are checked anywhere along the line (for pedigree dogs)? I've had the export restriction (normal domestic registration for pet pedigree dogs) lifted from the papers or one of our labradors, and I'm waiting on the breeder of the other to get the paperwork done, but she is being slow...
Will that be an issue? - is anyone likely to check her registration and see 'export not permitted'?
Of course ideally the breeder will hurry up and it won't be an issue!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi
I never included any of my Labrador's pedigree information, so what they aren't given...they can't check can they. How would they know your dog was a pedigree, if you do not tell them? It is not part of the required paperwork, so I would not volunteer that information, unless it appears on the microchip...but I don't think it does
Hope this helps
Stef

Originally Posted by lcar
Does anyone know if registration papers are checked anywhere along the line (for pedigree dogs)? I've had the export restriction (normal domestic registration for pet pedigree dogs) lifted from the papers or one of our labradors, and I'm waiting on the breeder of the other to get the paperwork done, but she is being slow...
Will that be an issue? - is anyone likely to check her registration and see 'export not permitted'?
Of course ideally the breeder will hurry up and it won't be an issue!
Old Feb 9th 2011, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
I never included any of my Labrador's pedigree information, so what they aren't given...they can't check can they. How would they know your dog was a pedigree, if you do not tell them? It is not part of the required paperwork, so I would not volunteer that information, unless it appears on the microchip...but I don't think it does
Hope this helps
Stef
Yes that makes sense - I'll keep quiet (unless anyone else tells me otherwise).
Thanks