Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

DILEMMA......Should I go to CHC.....?????

DILEMMA......Should I go to CHC.....?????

Old Aug 5th 2005, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

DavidL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DILEMMA......Should I go to CHC.....?????

This is regarding our PR request, i did post a question on the immagration forum and someone mentioned about actually visiting CHC in London.

Quickly running through again, we had are medicals 6th April and we are still waiting for PR.......... our agents in Windsor, Canada sent a fax for an update on the 19th July and still we wait...............i'd not thought about going in person to CHC , I know you can't write or e mail, but what do any of you think.............the medicals and police report were okay so i don't know why the delay.......i was gonna go book a days holiday on Monday and get there for 7.00 am ..............Please advise
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:29 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DILEMMA......Should I go to CHC.....?????

Originally Posted by DavidL
..............Please advise
You already know what I think.

I really do feel this is your best bet to find out what is happening, and you have absolutely nothing to lose by it. The CHC staff are very helpful from what I have read, and you may get an answer there and then, or at least they may tell you why the delay.

Morw
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Morwenna
You already know what I think.

I really do feel this is your best bet to find out what is happening, and you have absolutely nothing to lose by it. The CHC staff are very helpful from what I have read, and you may get an answer there and then, or at least they may tell you why the delay.

Morw

..yes...........i know you already gave me the advice......thanks
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:07 pm
MCC
Forum Regular

MCC is an unknown quantity at this point

This is regarding our PR request, i did post a question on the immagration forum and someone mentioned about actually visiting CHC in London.

Quickly running through again, we had are medicals 6th April and we are still waiting for PR.......... our agents in Windsor, Canada sent a fax for an update on the 19th July and still we wait...............i'd not thought about going in person to CHC , I know you can't write or e mail, but what do any of you think.............the medicals and police report were okay so i don't know why the delay.......i was gonna go book a days holiday on Monday and get there for 7.00 am ..............Please advise

Try to fax the High Commission this afternoon. Or leave a voicemail to one of the department. They should pass it on to the right person and somebody should call you back. They did with me. It might save you a trip on Monday.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:36 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

..yes...........i know you already gave me the advice......thanks
I'l just shut up now, shall I?
Old Aug 5th 2005, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MCC

Try to fax the High Commission this afternoon. Or leave a voicemail to one of the department. They should pass it on to the right person and somebody should call you back. They did with me. It might save you a trip on Monday.

I've sent a fax off to them so lets see what happens.......don't know why i didn't do this sooner...............AH......"hindsight"........
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

You have paid for Agents....So apart from bagging on some doors and saying "wheres my flippin PR"...Get your Agents to start earning what you have paid them for.

I understand your frustration and I presume that the delay is something to do with quota's again...I suspect that the end of August/Beginning of Sept may be the time that you hear something.....But if it will make you feel better go down and talk to the "brick wall".

Hope you hear something soon.
Best wishes
Frankieforehead
Old Aug 6th 2005, 6:49 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Time and time again I read that going up to the CHC is wortwhile.
It worked wonders for us but get there about 7 in the morning to beat the Q!
They are mega busy so be respectful but they will find out what they can.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Crispie
Time and time again I read that going up to the CHC is wortwhile.
It worked wonders for us but get there about 7 in the morning to beat the Q!
They are mega busy so be respectful but they will find out what they can.

well i've sent off a couple of faxes, and will probably go down Tuesday or Wednesday................i'll let you know how i go on.....