Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Diary of our move to Canada

Diary of our move to Canada

Old Jan 30th 2019, 10:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diary of our move to Canada

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Ah, I'm strictly a 'having a pint once a twice a year when I'm in Guelph' kind of guy. I can't remember eating there. What was the problem with the food?

They once had good food within slightly hipster local ingredient parameters but now the portions have dwindled, the dishes are less pub and more gastro, and they seat people on the patio in this weather. Granted the patio is covered and has a heater but sitting there requires coats and hats and it's all very much like being homeless and having a meagre dinner in a bus shelter. Nice beer still.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Ah, I'm strictly a 'having a pint once a twice a year when I'm in Guelph' kind of guy. I can't remember eating there. What was the problem with the food?
Let us know next time you are in Guelph, maybe we can fix up a meet up. There is one of those The Works burger places around the corner from the Wooly which I know passes dbd's strict where to eat criteria, then we could head to the Wooly for a pint or two.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 2:36 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov

Let us know next time you are in Guelph, maybe we can fix up a meet up. There is one of those The Works burger places around the corner from the Wooly which I know passes dbd's strict where to eat criteria, then we could head to the Wooly for a pint or two.
Artisanale is closer to the pub and that place is a treat.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Luisec143 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've loved this thread thank you and dbd33 you are hysterical and have had my husband and I in hysterics.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 7:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Luisec143
I've loved this thread thank you and dbd33 you are hysterical and have had my husband and I in hysterics.
I'm glad you're amused and hope you're getting some useful information from the threads.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold

It's great to hear you're doing well and enjoying life in Canada - thanks for the update!