Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:53 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Originally Posted by Little Britain
Thank you but I already worked with them. They don't help people outside of jail. I explained that I'm not allowed to leave and have no funding. They were sympathetic but said they couldn't help.

Nice to see someone trying though.
That was part of my reasoning for suggesting getting arrested again...but then it occurred to me that going to Niagara on the bus and refusing to pay the $6 for an I94W to enter the US after walking over the rainbow bridge might be more effective...you would be refused entry to the US. In theory you cant go back to Canada, so they would have to send you to the UK. Either that or leave you in no-mans land on the bridge...

In case of a forced return to the UK I think the consulate is also more or less obliged to lend you the money for your fare too unless I misunderstood.

Of course, many bridges would be burned as a consequence...

DISCLAIMER; THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE IN ANY JURISDICTION OR PARALLEL UNIVERSE!!!

Last edited by iaink; Oct 31st 2008 at 8:00 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Little Britain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
So if you confess what is the likely outcome? Or failing to do this and being found guilty by a jury would this affect your possibility of staying in Canada permanently if that is your general goal?
I've been offered a conditional discharge if I plead to common assault. I think part of that is that I don't return for 3 years. I've had that offer on the table for the best part of my time here.

The point is, if I confess I waive all defence, and the only reason I'd be doing so is because I was forced into it. I just want my chance at a fair trial, in a country they claims they treat you innocent until proven overwise. In the meantime I should be entitled to some kind of living.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, a Canadian would be treated much better in the UK.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
That was part of my reasoning for suggesting getting arrested again...

LOL I shouldn't laugh, but that was actually funny.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

So if you confess what is the likely outcome? Or failing to do this and being found guilty by a jury would this affect your possibility of staying in Canada permanently if that is your general goal?
I assume seeing as he is living with his girlfriend that he wants to stay, also why should you admit to a crime you didn't do ? all be it he pushed someone,

What about the people that spiked your drink ? where and who are they ?

What do your parents say about all this how come they haven't made an appointment to see there MP,

Who is your MP ?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:03 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I assume seeing as he is living with his girlfriend that he wants to stay, also why should you admit to a crime you didn't do ? all be it he pushed someone,

What about the people that spiked your drink ? where and who are they ?

What do your parents say about all this how come they haven't made an appointment to see there MP,

Who is your MP ?
If admitting to the crime means he can`t return for 3 years then that`s not really an option but that depends on what the outcome would be if he is found guilty anyway, which is probably a lot worse. As for the people that spiked the drink that would be practically impossible to prove, as they are hardly going to own up to it.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Is this halloween story still runing
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:19 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Is this halloween story still runing
You`re right I forgot it is halloween today.............better go and dig out some of my Elvira Mistress of the Night movies
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

MAN2YKF is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, after reading all of this i have come to a couple of conclusions.
First off, we have way too many insensative members on here that want to mock someone for their own pleasure. To me, that is totally out of order.
How old are you lot?

Secondly, i honestly believe this guy is in a spot of bother, caught between a rock and a hard place. He has come here hoping to find some advise, not to be mocked.

I think some of the posters on here should get out more and see what really goes on in life instead of just sitting and hiding behind a computer screen and playing judge.

Jackanory? grow up please.

We all know the law system in Canada is a little stange at times.
CBSA are most likley on one of thier little power trips again.

Little Britain, i wish you the best of luck, make sure you do contact media outlet, TV or Paper. Try the UK too.
Simply write a word document out and forward it to as many outlets as possible.

Nigel

It's not easy being on your own, some people i guess have never experienced it.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:33 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by MAN2YKF
First off, we have way too many insensative members on here that want to mock someone for their own pleasure. To me, that is totally out of order.
How old are you lot?

Secondly, i honestly believe this guy is in a spot of bother, caught between a rock and a hard place. He has come here hoping to find some advise, not to be mocked.

I think some of the posters on here should get out more and see what really goes on in life instead of just sitting and hiding behind a computer screen and playing judge.

Little Britain, i wish you the best of luck, make sure you do contact media outlet, TV or Paper. Try the UK too.

Nigel

I see that you have posted just 31 posts, so maybe you are not aware that at times there are a lot of bogus posters on here with very bogus stories from time to time.

If this guy`s story is true then nobody is actually laughing at him and as you can see he actually got some constructive advice from one or two people on here so something was achieved.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

How old are you lot?

Nigel

Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:42 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

I see that you have posted just 31 posts, so maybe you are not aware that at times there are a lot of bogus posters on here with very bogus stories from time to time.
With a handle like Little Britain, you couldn't make it up if you tried.

R.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

How old are you lot?

Nigel

Thank you very much for your kind words. I didn't come to this site and post a lot of personal stuff for the fun of it.

Due to the Canadian elections, I'm still waiting for the new Toronto MP to be sworn in. I was told to contact their office again early next week. If they are unable to help, I'll be sending my story to a couple of selected presses. I want to make sure I've tried everything before going to the press.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Little Britain
Thank you very much for your kind words. I didn't come to this site and post a lot of personal stuff for the fun of it.

Due to the Canadian elections, I'm still waiting for the new Toronto MP to be sworn in. I was told to contact their office again early next week. If they are unable to help, I'll be sending my story to a couple of selected presses. I want to make sure I've tried everything before going to the press.
Well when you do that let us know....
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:48 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Rich_007
With a handle like Little Britain, you couldn't make it up if you tried.

R.
As I don`t watch a lot of English tv serials, I Just looked up "Little Britain" and saw that it is a comedy series!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

As I don`t watch a lot of English tv serials, I Just looked up "Little Britain" and saw that it is a comedy series!!!!!!!!
It's one of the few British shows the have on TV here. It's very funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.