Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...and according to this: http://health.yahoo.com/other-other/...-d00149a1.html

lorezapam shouldn't be given if there's a history of depression.
I think he said the depression has come since all this, not surprising really ?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Little Britain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
...and according to this: http://health.yahoo.com/other-other/...-d00149a1.html

lorezapam shouldn't be given if there's a history of depression.
That's one of the drugs. I think any would have been given to be via IV though. I don't think I was in any state to tell or permit anything.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Friday aint so boring now
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I think he said the depression has come since all this, not surprising really ?
I was put on anti-depressants by a very lovely English nurse called Pam at the Don jail.

Have a read and you'll know why:

http://www.canlaw.com/judges/don_jail.htm
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:59 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
but thats what the hospital gave him was this before the shove or after...
Apparently before. According to his tale.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Britain
I sent my MP a letter 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for him to reply.

I currently live with my girlfriend, I have to stay with her due to my Immigration bail conditions. If it wasn't for her I would probably still be in jail.

The Canadian people are very kind and helpful. I've been living off their goodwill. The system here is terrible though, so many purposely built barriers. Every appeal takes months.
Theres a part of the forum thats for TV and media why not contact some of them ?

I would definitely get in touch with people to raise awareness of your situation,

Just googled Human rights in Canada and theres lots of info why not try them.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:00 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
The post raises a interesting point about becoming a citizen as soon as possible. PRs aren't eligible for legal aid but citizens are.

Should one ever get into such an position.
One of the questions you need to answer to become a citizen is regarding criminal charges proven or pending in Canada....I suspect if you were in this position as a PR, applying for citizenship might not get you far.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gremmie
but thats what the hospital gave him was this before the shove or after...
Sorry it was the ambulance crew that gave me the drugs. I woke up roughly 2 hours later in the hospital.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Theres a part of the forum thats for TV and media why not contact some of them ?

I would definitely get in touch with people to raise awareness of your situation,

You name it, I've more likely tired it. Like I said any appeal takes a lot of time and money here on purpose. Not many go far.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Or contact the BBC and see if theyll put ya story on Jackanory
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:06 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

The assault was nothing more than a shove.
Sometimes I miss some of the finer points of the English language but from what I have read, it seems that you are going on trial for a shove under the influence of drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmm I think there is more to this than you are saying?

You are criticizing the Canadian law system on how you are being treated, well be grateful that you are not somewhere like Mexico where you mentioned, because there you would probably be in a jail there for at least a year awaiting trial...............With some big hairy machos for company.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Sometimes I miss some of the finer points of the English language but from what I have read, it seems that you are going on trial for a shove under the influence of drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmm I think there is more to this than you are saying?

You are criticizing the Canadian law system on how you are being treated, well be grateful that you are not somewhere like Mexico where you mentioned, because there you would probably be in a jail there for at least a year awaiting trial...............With some big hairy machos for company.
Not to sound nasty but I hope someone punches you in the face. And later on when you seek help from the police, I hope they say "well you should be grateful they did stab you" while laughing in your face.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not to sound nasty but I hope someone punches you in the face. And later on when you seek help from the police, I hope they say "well you should be grateful they did stab you" while laughing in your face.
I think any sympathy you might have had (none from me) has just been lost...
I can now belive you attacked the hand that tried to care for you...
I hope they lock you up for a long time as you obviously deserve it
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Without wishing to discuss your credibility on the general points you've raised, that was a very good reply, richly deserved by Jules.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 7:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You name it, I've more likely tired it. Like I said any appeal takes a lot of time and money here on purpose. Not many go far.
No one has suggested going to the press, but I have been thinking about it for a longtime.
Which is it to be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.