Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Detained in Toronto, and in desperate need of help!

Originally Posted by Little Britain
The assault was nothing more than a shove.
Hospital staff in Toronto get shoved by drugged and deranged patients every day, why are you so special as to get charged?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Little Britain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Well thats the reason I ask..the OH is a pharmacist over here in the UK so I was interested in what your "suspected sedatives" were as we could look up side effects but that is also why I would expect any half decent defence lawyer to be jumping all over that... So they didn't even test your blood to identify if it was even drug related and not something else?
Let us know the sedatives and we can look them up..
It says 4mg of Midazolam was given to me. It also says that 2mg IV of Lorazepam was to be given is condition didn't improve. So not sure if they actually gave me that too.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbd33
Hospital staff in Toronto get shoved by drugged and deranged patients every day, why are you so special as to get charged?
I've been asking that for over two years now. In England I would be surprised if I spent a night in the cells.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
Aren't you going to be looking for a long time to find a hospital administered sedative that makes people assault others?
Hopefully shouldn't be long as he says he has the name of the drug...No harm in looking it up although, like you, I am very surprised that hospital staff would take it so far as having someone charged as you would expect that this type of thing would happen quite often..
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

The post raises a interesting point about becoming a citizen as soon as possible. PRs aren't eligible for legal aid but citizens are.

Should one ever get into such an position.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully shouldn't be long as he says he has the name of the drug...No harm in looking it up although, like you, I am very surprised that hospital staff would take it so far as having someone charged as you would expect that this type of thing would happen quite often..
It does, sometimes there's a witness, sometimes security are nearby. Sometimes it's the last straw and a less violent assault is acted on.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

yorkie lad is an unknown quantity at this point

I am no expert in this field, but if you were charged with assault causing bodily harm, what was the bodily harm??? Anyone can assault anyone without actually touching them!! Thats the assault part, but for it to be bodily harm there has to have been some type of injury.........what was it?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Its not one that she recognises apart from knowing that is a sedative..is probably only used in hospitals and not general practice....
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

The assault was nothing more than a shove.
and Hiroshima was just a little bomb
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yorkie lad
I am no expert in this field, but if you were charged with assault causing bodily harm, what was the bodily harm??? Anyone can assault anyone without actually touching them!! Thats the assault part, but for it to be bodily harm there has to have been some type of injury.........what was it?

The person later claimed (hours or days I'm not sure) they had slipped a disc from the incident. Though in all the police notes when I was arrested. They stated that no injury had occured.

Also no witnesses came forward and no cameras captured it.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:50 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The person later claimed (hours or days I'm not sure) they had slipped a disc from the incident. Though in all the police notes when I was arrested. They stated that no injury had occured.

Google is your friend. According to this: http://www.drugs.com/pro/midazolam.html
4 mg appears to be an overdose.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Have you contacted your MP back here ? where is your girlfriend here or there ?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

...and according to this: http://health.yahoo.com/other-other/...-d00149a1.html

lorezapam shouldn't be given if there's a history of depression.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Have you contacted your MP back here ? where is your girlfriend here or there ?
I sent my MP a letter 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for him to reply.

I currently live with my girlfriend, I have to stay with her due to my Immigration bail conditions. If it wasn't for her I would probably still be in jail.

The Canadian people are very kind and helpful. I've been living off their goodwill. The system here is terrible though, so many purposely built barriers. Every appeal takes months.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Google is your friend. According to this: http://www.drugs.com/pro/midazolam.html
4 mg appears to be an overdose.
but thats what the hospital gave him was this before the shove or after...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.