Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Designer clothes in canada

Designer clothes in canada

Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:52 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Designer clothes in canada

Originally Posted by rae
...boss sweater $330, pair of jeans $400. armani polo shirt $150, ralph t-shirt $80.
Oh-so-1988 sweetie. And Ralph Lauren never ever caught the right "moment".

R.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:04 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Oh-so-1988 sweetie. And Ralph Lauren never ever caught the right "moment".

R.
you are right, i am an 80's boy, not being able to afford it then i am just catching up.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
you are right, i am an 80's boy, not being able to afford it then i am just catching up.

1985 - Armani Jeans - 80 quid.

Cost a week's wages with overtime (I was a northern scallywag).

R.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

We are considering a trip to the US - does anyone know if we can use our Canadian Debit Cards in the US and if we have to let the bank know that we will be using the debit card in the US ?

Ta Very Much Chucks

Gaynor
x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:05 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
1985 - Armani Jeans - 80 quid.

Cost a week's wages with overtime (I was a northern scallywag).

R.
Your cover's blown, you psuedo-hippy.

Free thinking radical my arse!

You're just another faded 80's yuppie that decided to hang up your red braces and Golf GTi and retire with your ill-gotten gains to Mountainville ain't ya?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:13 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
We are considering a trip to the US - does anyone know if we can use our Canadian Debit Cards in the US and if we have to let the bank know that we will be using the debit card in the US ?

Ta Very Much Chucks

Gaynor
x
If you're talking about Interac, I doubt it. I've used mine to get cash but not to buy things.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:14 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iainandsheena
Can anyone tell me whether the clothes are cheaper in canada or the usa?
Why would you want to wear designer clothes in Canada? If this is the kind of thing you're into, you should probably just move to the US or Europe.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:15 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch

Ta Very Much Chucks

Gaynor
x
We can use our debit cards to withdraw cash from ATMs in the US, but we cannot use them to pay for purchases in stores down there. Okay, souvenir beat me to the punch on this.

I inform my bank and credit card companies when I'm about to travel outside of North America. I don't bother to inform them when I'm about to travel to the US, and have never had any trouble with my Canadian debit and credit cards in the US.

One thing I've heard from several different people is that it's useful to have two different credit cards (e.g., Visa and MasterCard). When they've travelled to other countries, they've found that one card has worked and the other has not. I haven't experienced that myself, but have heard it from several Americans, Canadians and Australians who have travelled abroad.

It happened to a Calgary friend of ours when she flew to the US for a funeral. She ended up in an embarrassing position. She'd flown to the funeral in a hurry, taking just one credit card with her. At the time, her husband was overseas, on a separate trip, so she couldn't phone him and ask him for help. When she went to pay for her hotel, her Canadian credit card wouldn't work. She had to borrow money from the friends whose daughter had died and whose funeral she had attended. Naturally, she wired the money to them just as soon as she got back to Calgary, but she was embarrassed to have been forced to ask them for money in the first place. This happened about 4 years ago.
x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:18 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
One thing I've heard from several different people is that it's useful to have two different credit cards (e.g., Visa and MasterCard). When they've travelled to other countries, they've found that one card has worked and the other has not. I haven't experienced that myself, but have heard it from several Americans, Canadians and Australians who have travelled abroad.
There aren't many places that will only accept Visa OR Mastercard. Nearly everywhere takes both. The issue is more likely to be the issuing bank getting twitchy when they start seeing foreign transactions. So I agree, having multiple cards is a good idea, but I don't think it really matters what the symbol on them is.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Amex has served me well, especially in Amerca.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:20 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
If you're talking about Interac, I doubt it. I've used mine to get cash but not to buy things.
The Scotiabank card can be used as a debit card with any retailer that accepts NYCE branded ATM cards (so it says on its website).

This seems to include most things you would want to spend money on.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:21 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by Madmac
Your cover's blown, you psuedo-hippy.

Free thinking radical my arse!

You're just another faded 80's yuppie that decided to hang up your red braces and Golf GTi and retire with your ill-gotten gains to Mountainville ain't ya?

Waaah....<cover blown> !

R.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:22 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The Scotiabank card can be used as a debit card with any retailer that accepts NYCE branded ATM cards (so it says on its website).

This seems to include most things you would want to spend money on.
That's good to know. I bank with Scotia. And go south sometimes.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

MademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond reputeMademoiselleMtl has a reputation beyond repute

In Canada, your best bet in Montreal or Toronto but for selection go to NYC...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MademoiselleMtl
In Canada, your best bet in Montreal or Toronto but for selection go to NYC...
I must say the women in Montreal dress a hell of a lot better than here in Toronto.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.