Wikiposts

Dentist

Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

snow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dentist

Originally Posted by ga1lf
Okay, so worst timing ever. My wisdom tooth has been hurting and the dentist can't really do anything within my time frame, as I leave in under two weeks. She is being great and fitting in a root canal treatment, which is a nice £200 job. So question is, I have heard that dentist work is expensive but what sort of figures are we talking about. How does the cost of say root canal treatment compare? I am arriving with no job, so no cover at it - just in case that has any affect on the answers.
I had a root canal filling done yesterday in Edmonton. It cost $1190 for three canals. The original quote I was given was $1492 for four canals. I was referred on by my dentist to an Endodontist to have this done as it was a previous botched job done by my UK dentist!

Thankfully it was covered 100% by our health plan.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice
Default Re: Dentist

Well I have just come back and I am in agony. So far the root canal and cap is progressing and I should be able to get that done. The only thing I will be left with is my wisdom tooth, which I will ask her at my next visit and see if she thinks I should go somewhere else and get it taken out.

Thanks everyone, the costs posters have quoted is a lot less than I thought, so if I have to have it done there, then so be it.