Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Decision to Leave Canada

Decision to Leave Canada

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future
Default Decision to Leave Canada

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all well!
As you may know, moving to Canada has not gone very well for me for many reasons, not least problems finding suitable employment. Anyway, I have now booked my flight home and will be back in Manchester in just over 6 weeks. Fortunately I have a job waiting for me and we should be able to start to quickly rebuild our lives again in England.
Deep down, I know why my relocation to North America has failed, it was basically because I didn't really want to be here, my heart wasn't in it. I tend to think those that succeed will ultimately overcome any problems with jobs and Canadian experience and make it work, simply because unlike me, they want to be here.
My commitment to Canada has generally been weak at the best of times. I became deeply homesick rapidly and never endeared myself to Canadian 'culture' or even Canadians themselves. I found it very hard to get along with people here and the few lasting friendships I have made have mainly been with other immigrants, many of whom have been in a similar situation to myself.
I hope that others will find some solace in this message and realise that you CAN make it in Canada. You just really have to want to make it work and most of all, you really have to want to be here.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Decision to Leave Canada

Originally Posted by seacreature
Hello everyone!

I hope you're all well!
As you may know, moving to Canada has not gone very well for me for many reasons, not least problems finding suitable employment. Anyway, I have now booked my flight home and will be back in Manchester in just over 6 weeks. .
Hi and just want to wish you good luck....it's horses for courses and north america is not for everyone but you tried..safe trip home
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:27 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update, seacreature, and all the best with your move home.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck back in the UK!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all well!
As you may know, moving to Canada has not gone very well for me for many reasons, not least problems finding suitable employment. Anyway, I have now booked my flight home and will be back in Manchester in just over 6 weeks. Fortunately I have a job waiting for me and we should be able to start to quickly rebuild our lives again in England.
Deep down, I know why my relocation to North America has failed, it was basically because I didn't really want to be here, my heart wasn't in it. I tend to think those that succeed will ultimately overcome any problems with jobs and Canadian experience and make it work, simply because unlike me, they want to be here.
My commitment to Canada has generally been weak at the best of times. I became deeply homesick rapidly and never endeared myself to Canadian 'culture' or even Canadians themselves. I found it very hard to get along with people here and the few lasting friendships I have made have mainly been with other immigrants, many of whom have been in a similar situation to myself.
I hope that others will find some solace in this message and realise that you CAN make it in Canada. You just really have to want to make it work and most of all, you really have to want to be here.
Bye bud - dont let the door hit your arse on the way out!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by willmore
Bye bud - dont let the door hit your arse on the way out!

That's the sort of brainless comment I've come to expect from you.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's the sort of brainless comment I've come to expect from you.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Not at all. With all your derogatory remarks about canada - Im amazed you're still here - but then again you always have enjoyed drama and being the center of attention!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:51 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Good luck with the future.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not at all. With all your derogatory remarks about canada - Im amazed you're still here - but then again you always have enjoyed drama and being the center of attention!
Why on earth did you reply to my message?
You just couldn't resist making some nasty spiteful remark could you?
Shameful.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why on earth did you reply to my message?
You just couldn't resist making some nasty spiteful remark could you?
Shameful.
Why did you respond to my message?

You'll be very happy to know that the childish and vindictive side of me is alive and well!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why did you respond to my message?

You'll be very happy to know that the childish and vindictive side of me is alive and well!
Pathetic.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I am amazed you arent on each others ignore lists. If you cant play nice maybe you should be.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Pathetic.
Why do you keep answering me - you really are a glutton for punishment!

Well you see with mickj not around - you're the next best thing - not that you would ever be as good as he was/is! And Im incredibly bored!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
I am amazed you arent on each others ignore lists. If you cant play nice maybe you should be.
Yes dad.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why do you keep answering me - you really are a glutton for punishment!
Evidently you're a troll. In fact I'd be surprised if you're in Canada at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.