Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Darn Radio Player

Wikiposts

Darn Radio Player

Old Feb 10th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all
Default Darn Radio Player

i keep getting a general error each time I try to use Radio player and its getting really annoying as it cuts out after about three minutes. Trying to listen to Steve Wright. Has anyone had this sort of problem before?

Ta

Sonia
Old Feb 10th 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Gail will become famous soon enoughGail will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Darn Radio Player

Hi, I am also currently listening to Steve Wright !!! I listen via the Radio 2 website - how do you listen via Radio Player? It can also be annoying via the website as there can be long pauses - not sure if that is because I am on dial-up and not on broadband.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by daisymoll
i keep getting a general error each time I try to use Radio player and its getting really annoying as it cuts out after about three minutes. Trying to listen to Steve Wright. Has anyone had this sort of problem before?

Ta

Sonia
Do you use the real player that is designed for this ? it can be downloaded from Radio 2 site, or radio 1 as well, i listen to both when on the road.
And the answer to your question Gail is yes, dial up effects the quality, because what happens is it downloads in parts and does what is called buffering, if your dialup it cannot keep up with the speed at which the Radio is broadcasting, have you tried the listen again feature, this might be better, though i doubt it
www.bbc.co.uk./radio2

Last edited by George-Ang; Feb 10th 2005 at 7:44 am.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 7:46 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gail
there can be long pauses - not sure if that is because I am on dial-up and not on broadband.
Yep, thats dial up.

Someone on one of the other forums mentioned they were having probs after some BBC upgrade last week. Was working fine for me at the weekend using the built in beeb website player though.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future

This link is for those who like the UK sporting side of things, live footy commentary, 6 nations, ect.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:00 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George-Ang
This link is for those who like the UK sporting side of things, live footy commentary, 6 nations, ect.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/
Unfortunately a lot of the sporting content is not available outside the UK due to licensing issues, so no premiership commentary, although the friendly yesterday was available.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: Darn Radio Player

Originally Posted by iaink
Unfortunately a lot of the sporting content is not available outside the UK due to licensing issues, so no premiership commentary, although the friendly yesterday was available.
Make you wonder why it is called the WWW "World wide Web" when issues like this are in place, pathetic if you ask me.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:20 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by George-Ang
Make you wonder why it is called the WWW "World wide Web" when issues like this are in place, pathetic if you ask me.
It really is pointless, as I suspect the more technically adept can easily make their IP address look like you are in the UK anyway.

But I'm not that technically adept, or at least no one has told me how to do that anyway.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: Darn Radio Player

Originally Posted by iaink
It really is pointless, as I suspect the more technically adept can easily make their IP address look like you are in the UK anyway.

But I'm not that technically adept, or at least no one has told me how to do that anyway.
Could one not use an IP Spoofer , surely this will help ????? come on you techies, i know a bit about PC's ive got city and guilds in PC maintenance and repair, but this one needs answering...and i cant, .....can the bbc broadcasts be bypast to allow transmisions to Canada using an IP spoofer ?