Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Darn Canadian Affair!!!

Darn Canadian Affair!!!

Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:22 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Darn Canadian Affair!!!

Originally Posted by redeagle
It is not pre req for anyone to have a flight booked back to the UK when entering the States.

If you can show either a return flight, or an intention to use the US as a through gate to another country, then that is enough.

Of course, a visa exempt national would still have to fill out an I-94.
How would you prove it though? Knowing how awkward these people can be, unless you have something documentary, which you wouldn't have if you're just driving home from the airport - common sense doesn't apply quite often in these situations!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Calgary Colemans
Could you give me more info on how you did this? Did you pay on a UK credit/debit card?
Sorry for the late reply...

I paid with a Canadian Visa. I initially emailed Canadian affair in London for a quote and when they replied I called the number in the ladies email signature and bought the tickets over t'phone.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Calgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really nice

Thanks!

I've just sent an email.....here's hoping it will save me a bit.

Family of 4 travelling in October.....$3500 over the website....ouch!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by montpro
any news on 'fly xpo'?

I avoid Canadian Affair wherever possible now plus AA & AC are cheaper on some routes. Canadian Affairs prices seem to go up each day - and their website syas more increases in April. Boycot me thinks
Air Canada and BA are £1000 more expensive than Canadian Affair. I was looking to fly out as soon as passports come back, the CA fares have dropped from £1400 to £1220 - maybe they want to fill up plane ?

Was hoping BA would drop with the strike and all that.

Hoping passports come back asap so we can then book and get seats.....waiting and stalking the postman was over or so I thought !!!

JET
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Calgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really nice

Well, I got a response and a quote that works out $1200 cheaper than their website.

Hard to boycott at a price like that
Old Apr 6th 2010, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Calgary Colemans
Well, I got a response and a quote that works out $1200 cheaper than their website.

Hard to boycott at a price like that
It's a good trick isnt it

You can buy a fair few beers at the airport with the money you saved.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Lyn_and_John is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dannyg1001
It's a good trick isnt it

You can buy a fair few beers at the airport with the money you saved.
do tell - whats the email address for them in london? (always happy to save a few quid)!