Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CV/Resume Writer in Calgary Area

CV/Resume Writer in Calgary Area

Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Andy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the rough
Default CV/Resume Writer in Calgary Area

Hi All

Just wanted to stick up a quick thread to see if anyone can recommend a good CV / Resume writer in the Calgary area.

I figured I could contact them and have some CV's professionally created for Lauren and myself before we land in order to give us a jump start in trying to find work.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:30 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CV/Resume Writer in Calgary Area

Originally Posted by Andy_and_Lauren
Hi All

Just wanted to stick up a quick thread to see if anyone can recommend a good CV / Resume writer in the Calgary area.

I figured I could contact them and have some CV's professionally created for Lauren and myself before we land in order to give us a jump start in trying to find work.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy
Surely you just need a resume writer, does it matter what city they are in?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

fitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud of

Hi

I used a company called careerjoy in Toronto - i'm still in the UK - did all the talking over the phone/email. V happy with the result - it may depend on who you get - I work in IT and can say i am very happy with my resume. I also paid for some more 'coaching' on the Canadian job market etc..

Have had a very positive job interview over skype on the basis of that Resume & im not living in Canada yet

Rgds

Roger
Old Aug 16th 2010, 3:38 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitchmeister
Hi

I used a company called careerjoy in Toronto - i'm still in the UK - did all the talking over the phone/email. V happy with the result - it may depend on who you get - I work in IT and can say i am very happy with my resume. I also paid for some more 'coaching' on the Canadian job market etc..

Have had a very positive job interview over skype on the basis of that Resume & im not living in Canada yet

Rgds

Roger
How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

fitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud offitchmeister has much to be proud of

Hi

Their prices for the Resume are on their website www.careerjoy.com, it basically depends on your expected salary/position - It's cheaper than a UK service due to the exchange rate i.e. it's 1$Cdn per £1

They tend to 'package' their services but seem happy to accomodate services outside of this. e.g. i met with one of thier Career advisors for a one off meeting in Toronto to discuss generic 'working in Canada' stuff. I got lots of useful information on how to approach finding a job.

Cheers

Roger
Old Aug 16th 2010, 4:29 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that's pretty pricey at $300 for the cheapest package although admittedly I don't know how much these things usually cost.

Their website seems to have serious code errors as well. Thanks for the link though, I'll definitely consider it.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 4:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As a newcomer, there is help out there that is free...

http://www.rosenet-ca.org/facts/f-isa.htm has a list of all the agencies, some of which provide resume assistance.

Also:

http://www.centrefornewcomers.ca/car...b_search.shtml

http://www.ccis-calgary.ab.ca/index....137&Itemid=147

http://www.immigrantservicescalgary....ation-planning

Additionally, you can have your resume reviewed free of charge: https://alis.alberta.ca/ep/eps/hotline/resume.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 16th 2010 at 4:52 am.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 4:50 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Resume
Old Aug 16th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Surely you just need a resume writer, does it matter what city they are in?
I suppose not but I wasn't sure if there were 'specifics' for each state. Thanks for the helpful reply though...

Originally Posted by fitchmeister
Hi

Rgds

Roger
Thank you Roger, I shall look into it.
Originally Posted by siouxie
As a newcomer, there is help out there that is free...

http://www.rosenet-ca.org/facts/f-isa.htm has a list of all the agencies, some of which provide resume assistance.

Also:

http://www.centrefornewcomers.ca/car...b_search.shtml

http://www.ccis-calgary.ab.ca/index....137&Itemid=147

http://www.immigrantservicescalgary....ation-planning

Additionally, you can have your resume reviewed free of charge: https://alis.alberta.ca/ep/eps/hotline/resume.html

Excellent stuff - many, many thanks.

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Cheers n beers!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ironically, at the bottom of this thread there is a banner advert for CV's...
Old Aug 16th 2010, 9:20 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Actually the banner ad on mine is for HSBC.

It's Google ads so they will usually just rotate anyway.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Wow that's pretty pricey at $300 for the cheapest package although admittedly I don't know how much these things usually cost.

Their website seems to have serious code errors as well. Thanks for the link though, I'll definitely consider it.
Hi the price is dependant on what you are expecting - the process i went through was really quite thorough.

Good luck all

Roger
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:22 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_and_Lauren
I suppose not but I wasn't sure if there were 'specifics' for each state.
FYI Canada has Provinces and Territories, the US has States.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:32 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Is it really pronounced rez-you-may?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:19 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Is it really pronounced rez-you-may?
I think rare-zoom-eh? might be closer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.