Customs - Settlers Personal Effects

Wikiposts

Customs - Settlers Personal Effects

Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

leep321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Customs - Settlers Personal Effects

Hi
I will be travelling to Vancouver at the end of the month for a short trip to activate my PR status for the first time and to look over the place. I understand that personal effects can be imported tax free even if they follow later. Problem is I don't know yet when I and the rest of the family will be over for good or what we will bring. Is there any way of deferring making a customs list to a later date? Does each accompanying family member have the right to import personal goods and make their own list or only Principal Applicant. Thanks.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Re: Customs - Settlers Personal Effects

I think you need to present the list when you initially activate your PR, but, I would suggest listing everything you might possibly bring, as you dont have to actually bring it when the time comes. But if you don't put it on the list, and later bring you might be charged to import it.
I hope the l;anding process goes smoothly for you, and the recce is sucessful!!