Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cultural boredom in Canada

Cultural boredom in Canada

Old Aug 7th 2011, 9:15 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cultural boredom in Canada

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Are goats aware of this? I don't really want a poisoned goat on my conscience .
Not sure, but here's Irene's recipe for rhododendron poisoning, just in case.

Ingredients:
15 mls Renco (rennet)
15 mls Mylanta (milk of magnesia)
5 mls brandy
Mix all together
This is the adult goat dose!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 9:18 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I was offered goats, nubians, free with the donkey. I didn't take them because they smell and escape and need their teats twiddling daily.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 9:38 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone's interested in trying before they're buying.

Goat game
Old Aug 7th 2011, 11:22 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
If anyone's interested in trying before they're buying.

Goat game
I cleared level 1 - time to get a goat.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Secam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to allSecam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by canabrit
At least when there's nowhere to go for fun, there's very little to spend our money on, so we're saving lots of money here! We're trying to be positive and enjoy the good things about life in Canada (we know there are many things we'll miss, and nowhere is perfect) but life's too short to waste it in places you don't want to be, and Canada just doesn't seem to be the right fit for us. Of maybe we're not the right people for it (in spite of my passport!). Anyone else in a similar boat?
Given the state of the world's various economies, famines and wars, I'm kind of liking a country the is boringly predictable. I'd think that our parents and grandparents who survived the great wars and the dirty thirties would think the same.

It's quite amazing to read what we feel our neighbors, country and government owe us. Anything short of these expectations and "we're outta here".
Old Aug 8th 2011, 7:49 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God, another "Canada sucks" thread, *reaches for glass of ice wine and Roger's victoria cream while sorting photo album of Jasper National Park*.

I suppose I could tell you all where I'm from in the UK but it might seriously dent my Canadian evangelist credentials.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

nfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud ofnfitz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_
Oh God, another "Canada sucks" thread...
Looks to be more a thread of goat-herding tips, for those avoiding either the high price of cheese or Manchester.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:51 am
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nfitz
Looks to be more a thread of goat-herding tips, for those avoiding either the high price of cheese or Manchester.
Typical b e thread in other words
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:12 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Look all I've got to say about "culture" is who gives a kipper's dick frankly?

Yes, the UK has more "culture" and is more "exciting" as evidenced by the rioting over the last few days - being more "exciting" is not always a good thing.

As I keep saying, "dull" is underrated. Going through the same motions every year help fosters community spirit and harmony, you can't have it both ways, saying you're tired of yobbos and boozing and then say you're bored when you're not subjected to it anymore.