Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

fn-expat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

I did that years ago. The US INS/Customs checked the trailer, saw how stuffed it was and decided they couldn't be bothered to pull everything out, which saved me a lot of hassle. They will likely want to feel sure that you are not trying to enter the US to stay, so I recommend that you have everything to support your intention. For example if you are moving to a job, have the employment-offer letter with you; moving to join someone else, have documentation of name and address, etc. If you have no evidence of your intention to travel through and out of the US, that's when problems may arise up to and including being barred from the US, depending on the mood at the border, and whether they have turned enough people back that week or month.

Originally Posted by Aqua
Can any one tell me if it would be a problem to cross into the US and then back into Canada towing a trailer with household goods on board for relocation???

Looking for your experiences as well so please post them

Thanks
Roger

Former Lancastrian or Novacastrian where are you guys???
Old Jul 10th 2013, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Crossing border while moving to BC from Ottawa

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
The question wasn't about tenants' rights.

What are you talking about tenants rights