Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Crime rates in Canada

Crime rates in Canada

Old May 15th 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice
Default Re: Crime rates in Canada

Originally Posted by drabux
Mr/Ms Solipsist,

Did you have difficulty getting up this morning? Were you doubting how your watched defined 'time'? Did you believe it? Are you sure it's comparable to other people's time? And then when you made your breakfast, did you believe that the cornflakes is a food or did you shoot off an email to Kellogs doubting their definition of food?

Enough. If you doubt, find out: if you don't find out, I doubt you.

Alan
Still waiting for your response from my reply, im guessing its coming soon Ah?
Old May 15th 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

drabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant futuredrabux has a brilliant future

Rearrange the words 'fry' 'fish' 'to' and 'other' for your response

Alan
Old May 15th 2009, 6:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have difficulty getting up this morning?
I just got up, I didn't pause to fear crime nor to assert that there was reason for others to do so, had I been about to do the latter I suppose I would have been up all night preparing my figures; making sure that no uneducated yokel could drive his wagon through the holes in them.

Archie.
Old May 15th 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice

Rearrange the words 'fry' 'fish' 'to' and 'other' for your response

Alan
You havent been very far from the UK huh. I have a good feeling you sit in your cubicle reading statistics and feeling like its a real dangerous country you live in. Again attempt travelling to New Zealand, which is at the top of your stats list for incidences and see how save you feel compared to strolling through Jo'burg in South Africa. As a matter a fact there are a few shanty towns right near the airport there that would tell you exactly how much some random website really means to the face of real crime.

From the sounds of your attitude not sure you would have a clue what was going on.

Last edited by ShawnMcCrea; May 15th 2009 at 6:34 pm.
Old May 15th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Mr/Ms Solipsist,
I must admit I had to 'wiki' that term....you learn something new every day
Old May 15th 2009, 8:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
I must admit I had to 'wiki' that term....you learn something new every day
Is ad hominem a term you'd have to look up?
Old May 15th 2009, 8:47 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

i've delibratley not commented on this thread in the past, as yet again, this subject rears it's ugly head........come on guys, forget the statistics and the politics of trying to prove that your various opinions, fact making missions are right and that your opposition is wrong.......

the truth is, we live in a violent and unstable world, where you're more likely to suffer a fall in your own home than be mugged, rapped, robbed, shot etc etc.......canada is no more and no less 'safe' than anywhere else in the world!!!!! i've travelled, lots......and have never had any kind of violence, crime etc etc commited to me/my family or seen any........and that includes bolivia and morocco.......i've had a couple of 'challengies' to confront but really nothing.......

and truthfully, the only thing that we 'fear' is 'fear itself'........
Old May 15th 2009, 9:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
canada is no more and no less 'safe' than anywhere else in the world!!!!!
Melancthon vs. Basra, equally safe? Nah. Don't forget that just because there's a shooting war outside the door you're not less likely to fall down the stairs.
Old May 15th 2009, 9:18 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Melancthon vs. Basra, equally safe? Nah. Don't forget that just because there's a shooting war outside the door you're not less likely to fall down the stairs.
quessing that you sleep well at nights? so, you gonna die a young man from a heart attack or live a life?
Old May 15th 2009, 10:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
quessing that you sleep well at nights? so, you gonna die a young man from a heart attack or live a life?
The option to die young has long since passed. Whether or not this has been a life well lived is a open question.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Is ad hominem a term you'd have to look up?
I looked it up and it in no way applies to you

I think the shelf life of this thread is reaching its end.
Old May 16th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
I looked it up and it in no way applies to you

I think the shelf life of this thread is reaching its end.

If it ever had one.........from a 'new information/new input' perspective...but I suppose for those interested in statistics etc...it's a real riveting read.....

Last edited by macadian; May 16th 2009 at 2:11 am.