Crime rates

Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:19 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime rates

Originally Posted by dbd33
Have you not seen Fargo?

If you leave a body outside in Minnesota in the winter it'll chip almost bloodlessly

Spoiler alert

the socks dont chip properly though, perhaps not sweaty enough.
I hope YOU haven't tried this on anyone (not even for research) !

Gordon Browns finger nails look like they've been through a chipper
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:21 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Because most of the readers on here are Brits they could also shove through Gordon Brown .
They might... but until they get to this side of the water they haven’t really seen political incompetence
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:30 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
They might... but until they get to this side of the water they haven’t really seen political incompetence
If you want to see political incompetence travel to Spain. Then you`ll see what political incompetence really is all about.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:32 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I like the theme but I tell you now, I aint eating Steven Harper, alive or dead.
Well, I for one could persuaded. Dead or alive. But preferably grilled to perfection.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:34 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz

Gordon Browns finger nails look like they've been through a chipper
Oh, well. Let's all vote for the other lot then.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:41 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh, well. Let's all vote for the other lot then.
which other lot ? there are more than one ?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:59 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Statistics I`ve been looking at place The UK as one of the unsafer countries in western Europe all of the Nordic countries, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, Spain and Portrugal etc were all deemed safer to live in, with New Zealand, Canada and even Chile leading the way outside of Europe. If you look at my first threads which seem like an age ago now. The real concern for Brits is not so much just the actual crime levels, but more to do with the madness that is actually behind them, as more and more perpretators of these crimes are just kids. Families just don`t want their children growing up in this environment anymore. This is one of the many reasons why people are leaving the UK in their thousands every single year. This is a statistic that you often see in the British press. Countries like Canada are just one of the many countries they choose.
Jules - you mention the stats you are looking at but don't give us any links to them to see for ourselves unlike elfman below - can you show us what they are?

Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:20 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Jules - you mention the stats you are looking at but don't give us any links to them to see for ourselves unlike elfman below - can you show us what they are?
The stats that I looked at, I no longer have access to them but if I find the list I will tell you what it is as I have it somewhere. One thing to bear in mind anyway, stats like the news are just fabricated crap that shouldn`t be believed anyway. On top of that most stats lists give you a whole lot of different results as well. I saw one that said USA was the 6 safest country in the world to live in......Thats a joke These lists are just used to frighten people or make them feel better depending on the situation. Better to use your own personal experiences and being aware of what is going on in your own country. For example everybody knows how safe they are in their own part of the country, so why do you need a stats list to tell you that? If you have got the ability of travelling or working abroad then your knowledge will be even greater. Failing that friends or people that live abroad can tell you what you need to know. One thing for certain look at the amount of Brits on this site killing themselves to leave the UK why, quite simple for economical reasons and rising crime levels usually a combination of these two things.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:25 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to bear in mind anyway, stats like the news are just fabricated crap that shouldn`t be believed anyway. .
That's just what people who don't understand stats always say......
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:37 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

That's just what people who don't understand stats always say......
Might surprise you that when I was university I studied statistics for a semester and the first thing you realize, they are not very accurate and can easily be manipulated. They just show trends (probables) and to be accurate need to be studied over a long period of time. Why do you think statistics vary so much? Much like economists as well they can never get it right. Thats why they always **** up the economy.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:49 pm
Part Time Poster

Might surprise you that when I was university I studied statistics for a semester and the first thing you realize, they are not very accurate and can easily be manipulated. They just show trends (probables) and to be accurate need to be studied over a long period of time. Why do you think statistics vary so much? Much like economists as well they can never get it right. Thats why they always **** up the economy.
Given your understanding of statistics as shown above, yes I’m surprised you studied it, would appear that by the law of averages, and the available data, it would seem more probable that you are in the group who attended and didn’t study
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:51 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Given you understanding of statistics as shown above, yes I’m surprised you studied it would appear that by the law of averages, and the available data its would seem more probable that you are in the group who attended and didn’t study
What terrible written English....... where did you study?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:56 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

The stats that I looked at, I no longer have access to them but if I find the list I will tell you what it is as I have it somewhere. One thing to bear in mind anyway, stats like the news are just fabricated crap that shouldn`t be believed anyway. On top of that most stats lists give you a whole lot of different results as well. I saw one that said USA was the 6 safest country in the world to live in......Thats a joke These lists are just used to frighten people or make them feel better depending on the situation. Better to use your own personal experiences and being aware of what is going on in your own country. For example everybody knows how safe they are in their own part of the country, so why do you need a stats list to tell you that? If you have got the ability of travelling or working abroad then your knowledge will be even greater. Failing that friends or people that live abroad can tell you what you need to know. One thing for certain look at the amount of Brits on this site killing themselves to leave the UK why, quite simple for economical reasons and rising crime levels usually a combination of these two things.
Actually, my experience from living and working abroad is that many people in the UK have no clue what it is like and expect it to be some sort of nirvana, when actually the issues are pretty much the same in all developed western countries when it comes down to crime, taxes, immigrants etc. It partly stems from the parochial UK tabloids telling them that issues are bad in the UK without placing them in an international perspective.

Clearly the one-off rise in living status due to the higher prices of UK property tend to allow people to live in larger properties in better areas in their new country, but apart from that the stats tend to indicate that most of these countries are pretty similar in most ways - the US tends to be a little further away from the others with its large religiosity, gun issues, lack of socialized health care etc, but still has a lot more in common with the rest of the west than it does the east or developing countries.

The idea that the UK is going down the pan/to hell in a handbasket/to the dogs (and on) seems quite laughable really.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:58 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

The stats that I looked at, I no longer have access to them but if I find the list I will tell you what it is as I have it somewhere. One thing to bear in mind anyway, stats like the news are just fabricated crap that shouldn`t be believed anyway. On top of that most stats lists give you a whole lot of different results as well. I saw one that said USA was the 6 safest country in the world to live in......Thats a joke.
I think you have absoultely no idea what you're talking about
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:00 pm
Part Time Poster

What terrible written English....... where did you study?
I'ma scientist, i dumped and intrest in englsih at about 13

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.