Crime rates

Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Crime rates

I thought 9 out of 10 statistics were wrong, anyway...?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:07 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Actually, my experience from living and working abroad is that many people in the UK have no clue what it is like and expect it to be some sort of nirvana, when actually the issues are pretty much the same in all developed western countries when it comes down to crime, taxes, immigrants etc. It partly stems from the parochial UK tabloids telling them that issues are bad in the UK without placing them in an international perspective.

Clearly the one-off rise in living status due to the higher prices of UK property tend to allow people to live in larger properties in better areas in their new country, but apart from that the stats tend to indicate that most of these countries are pretty similar in most ways - the US tends to be a little further away from the others with its large religiosity, gun issues, lack of socialized health care etc, but still has a lot more in common with the rest of the west than it does the east or developing countries.

The idea that the UK is going down the pan/to hell in a handbasket/to the dogs (and on) seems quite laughable really.
Well you have basically agreed with the economic reason I mentioned and I am sure if you asked the majority of Brits that live abroad, do they and their families feel safer in their new country the answer would be a majority yes.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:13 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I think you have absoultely no idea what you're talking about
We are talking about crime rates and You live in New Jersey and you say I have no idea what I am talking about!!! well I have heard it all now.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:16 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by MikeUK
I'ma scientist, i dumped and intrest in englsih at about 13
Well in between work I am sure you could fit in some time to study. Problem with scientists is that they always approach things in such a scientific manner. Well I guess that is why they are scientists
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It was a joke Anita. Lighten up.
Sorry Novocastrian, I'm a bit touchy about Winnipeg cos everyone's so quick to slag it off but very few are as keen to stand up for it ('cept me of course - I'm its biggest fan )

Anita
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:21 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by seanyg
You know something, this is the most intelligent comment I have heard on here in the last couple of days. well done Sean
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:22 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Lies, damn lies and statistics
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:22 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
We are talking about crime rates and You live in New Jersey and you say I have no idea what I am talking about!!! well I have heard it all now.
keep going, all you're doing is proving your considerable ignorance
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:23 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Sorry Novocastrian, I'm a bit touchy about Winnipeg cos everyone's so quick to slag it off but very few are as keen to stand up for it ('cept me of course - I'm its biggest fan )

Anita
Like I said earlier, if the great Neil Young grew up there, it sure as hell can`t be too bad.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:26 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Well you have basically agreed with the economic reason I mentioned and I am sure if you asked the majority of Brits that live abroad, do they and their families feel safer in their new country the answer would be a majority yes.
I have said that there is a one-off rise due to the equity from their UK house, however I don't believe that the general economic climate has been, or is currently, much different in the UK than any other western economy.

They may indeed feel (and be) safer as they have moved up the location tree due to the reason above - they could do a similar thing by moving to a safer area in the UK. Otherwise you are now talking about perceived safety/crime and not actual, real crime that - I suspect that many perceive that they are safer because they don't have the local media banging on about how bad it is all the time.

Last edited by Cape Blue; Sep 10th 2008 at 9:33 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:27 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by elfman
keep going, all you're doing is proving your considerable ignorance
Keep going.........I`m not going anywhere. I`m comfortably sat down in a nice chair. I bet you get going though........ when you hear gunshots going off outside your house all night.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:31 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Keep going.........I`m not going anywhere. I`m comfortably sat down in a nice chair. I bet you get going though........ when you hear gunshots going off outside your house all night.
I get it - you not only fell for all the tripe in the UK gutter press, but you also think Hollywood/TV is all real too. The Sopranos was not a documentary, y'know.

Ever been to New Jersey?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:40 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Jules have you been to New Jersey? I've stayed in downtown Elizabeth for a few nights on a stop over. It's not one of the nicest areas, but we never heard a siren or a gunshot and managed to get to ABC liquor store without getting mugged
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:41 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I have said that there is a one-off rise due to the equity from their UK house, I don't believe that the general economic climate has been, or is currently, much different in the UK than any other western economy.

They may indeed feel (and be) safer as they have moved up the location tree due to the reason above - they could do a similar thing by moving to a safer area in the UK. Otherwise you are now talking about perceived safety/crime and not actual, real crime that - I suspect that many perceive that they are safer because they don't have the local media banging on about how bad it is all the time.
The equity from their house gives them the chance to go to a safer country with attractive house prices, where they can live hopefully mortgage free and have a safer environment for their families, Canada in general is ideal for this. If safety wasn`t so much an issue as you are saying, then they would probably go to somewhere for example like South Africa. No language issues in general, cheap property prices, great climate etc. The reason they don`t go there is for one big reason. The rampant crime levels and the high murder rate each day. Why do you think FIFA is so concerned about holding a world cup there. Therefore if they want a warm climate they go to Aus if not then Canada because in most cases they are getting a safer environment with all the things they look for and cheaper housing especially in Canada (Vancouver excluded) As stated these two reasons go hand in hand and is fairly easy to see. There are other issues as well but these are the main two.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You must win the bullshit prize of the year.

I doubt if you have ever lived in any of the places that you are claiming are so safe and so much better than the UK.

You are, indeed, an armchair adventurer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.