Crime rates

Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:06 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime rates

Originally Posted by Chi_Nook
Crime rates vary substantially across Canada (which is more like the EU than Britain). I have lived in Calgary for many years and though we currently have a problem with some street gangs, mainly due to the economic boom in Alberta, I can say from personal experience my family and I feel much safer here than in the UK, which we visited 3 years ago and were shocked with the young people in "hoodies" hanging around the streets and the inner city centres.

On final comment, to get something in perspective, it appears to me that dbd33's only purpose in life is to come on this board and various threads and criticise almost anything Canadian and try and deter people from coming here and encourage others to go back to the UK. Accordingly, if do the math correctly in the 30 months of his posting on this board, he's posted an average of one message per waking hour (16 hours a day) 7 days a week, 365 days a year; and I believe most of his postings generally are not very complimentary about life in Canada.

Given this fact I will not respond to anything posted in reply to my comments by dbd33.
Well I suppose dbd 33 has got to be good at something in life and posting comments is as good as anything else.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Chi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to allChi_Nook is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Well I suppose dbd 33 has got to be good at something in life and posting comments is as good as anything else.
I agree as long as you don't take them too seriously.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you but I wish Chi_Nook would post about something other than my life.

He's advanced a point of view there which, it seems to me, contradicts the thinking behind many previous posts. He asserts that gang problems derive from affluence whereas previous posts have had a working assumption that high population density and the implied poverty were at the root of many crimes. The wealth=crime thesis is new to me, one wonders if Virginia Water and Hampstead now feature hoodlums shooting gold plated Uzi's from their lo-riding Bentleys and jacked up Lambos.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:22 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Thank you but I wish Chi_Nook would post about something other than my life.

He's advanced a point of view there which, it seems to me, contradicts the thinking behind many previous posts. He asserts that gang problems derive from affluence whereas previous posts have had a working assumption that high population density and the implied poverty were at the root of many crimes. The wealth=crime thesis is new to me, one wonders if Virginia Water and Hampstead now feature hoodlums shooting gold plated Uzi's from their lo-riding Bentleys and jacked up Lambos.
The concept of street gangs deriving out of an area of affluence, certainly does contradict most of what has been said. It seems to be a case of wealthy mafias just trying to rub out the competition much like the Godfather films and driving around in bullet proof vehicles. Is Calgary really getting to be like Moscow?
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanyg
Comments like that often come from people who live outside of Winnipeg so aren't aware of its charms and positive points - which hugely outweigh its negative points - negative points which most provinces in Canada have, I must add.

People tend to repeat what they hear about places without (usually - I don't want to generalise) visiting the city in question and exploring all aspects of its culture, lifestyle and geography.

I can think of a huge number of reasons to live in Winnipeg but I don't want to hijack this thread!

Anita
It was a joke Anita. Lighten up.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The concept of street gangs deriving out of an area of affluence, certainly does contradict most of what has been said. It seems to be a case of wealthy mafias just trying to rub out the competition much like the Godfather films and driving around in bullet proof vehicles. Is Calgary really getting to be like Moscow?
I can't say, I don't know Calgary well. I think physically it looks like Denver while the business world there is more like that in Houston. I bought a bag of weed there once from a guy who dressed rather like Patrick Bateman, but have had no other contact with the western Canadian underworld.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chi_Nook
Accordingly, if do the math correctly in the 30 months of his posting on this board, he's posted an average of one message per waking hour (16 hours a day) 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
Given this fact I will not respond to anything posted in reply to my comments by dbd33.
Unsurprisingly, you do not do the math correctly. But your reply filter could be applied with advantage to certain posters who have racked up several thousand posts in a few months. Not one of them with any discernable content.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:56 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

I can't say, I don't know Calgary well. I think physically it looks like Denver while the business world there is more like that in Houston. I bought a bag of weed there once from a guy who dressed rather like Patrick Bateman, but have had no other contact with the western Canadian underworld.
Calgary the centre of the Canadian underworld, rich gangs, Patrick Bateman look-a-likes and all dressed up in cowboy boots. This sounds like some type of warped out futuristic western scenario. Make a great plot for a Robert Rodriguez film.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Calgary the centre of the Canadian underworld, rich gangs, Patrick Bateman look-a-likes and all dressed up in cowboy boots. This sounds like some type of warped out futuristic western scenario. Make a great plot for a Robert Rodriguez film.
Or Peckinpah, Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Klein!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:05 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Or Peckinpah, Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Klein!
Don`t you mean Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia? Anyway its a classic film. Instead of of having cactus plants in the background you could have log cabins. Much like the final scene in Fargo.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Don`t you mean Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia? Anyway its a classic film. Instead of of having cactus plants in the background you could have log cabins. Much like the final scene in Fargo.
My thought was that Ralph Klein, former premier of Alberta, is someone who's head most people would like severed and delivered to them. I suppose shoving him through a wood chipper would work equally well.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:10 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose shoving him through a wood chipper would work equally well.
Far messier i would have thought !
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:14 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
Far messier i would have thought !
Have you not seen Fargo?

If you leave a body outside in Minnesota in the winter it'll chip almost bloodlessly

Spoiler alert

the socks dont chip properly though, perhaps not sweaty enough.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:16 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

My thought was that Ralph Klein, former premier of Alberta, is someone who's head most people would like severed and delivered to them. I suppose shoving him through a wood chipper would work equally well.
Because most of the readers on here are Brits they could also shove through Gordon Brown as well and then serve double hamburgers to everybody. No need for much ketchup either.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Because most of the readers on here are Brits they could also shove through Gordon Brown as well and then serve double hamburgers to everybody. No need for much ketcup either.
I like the theme but I tell you now, I aint eating Steven Harper, alive or dead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.