Crime rates

Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime rates

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
You are now talking of the illegal immigrants the country allows in to do the jobs that nobody else wants to do. Well both the government and employers are happy to have an immigrant workforce in, that are exploited and receive less than the mimimum wage and are worked to the bonel as well. As in Canada along with most of the developed world this is a great business for governments and employers alike. So I think in that case nobody expects them to know the official language of the country because nobody cares.

As for French everybody knowes its useless unless you live in Quebec. They only put that on the application form to make the French speakers feel they are still part of the country and have a say on what goes on .
I'm not talking about illegal immigrants, though they are a valuable resource to the country and, I suppose, contribute to increasing the population density. Most legal immigrants are not skilled workers and so do not have to pretend to speak English or French.

Francophones are very much part of the country.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:12 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm not talking about illegal immigrants, though they are a valuable resource to the country and, I suppose, contribute to increasing the population density. Most legal immigrants are not skilled workers and so do not have to pretend to speak English or French.

Francophones are very much part of the country.
Let me clear up a confusion, if they are not illegal immigrants then they are skilled worker immigrants whether they are Doctors, engineers, nurses, lorry drivers, carpenters, office workers etc. These are all classified as skilled workers and therefore come to Canada by applying for PR in the federal skilled workers visa category which is the most common way to apply, there are other ways but this is the most common. To be eligible for this your level of English or French has to be adequate therefore meaning that everybody that enters legally has to speak on one of these languages unless they are coming under say the family or spouse visa category.

You say Francophones are very much part of the country well in your previous thread you said it is the 10 th most spoken language in GTA and hardly anybody speaks it in BC. doesn`t sound so important to me. It would seem that it is only important in Quebec and its surrounding areas like parts of NB etc
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me clear up a confusion, if they are not illegal immigrants then they are skilled worker immigrants whether they are Doctors, engineers, nurses, lorry drivers, carpenters, office workers etc. These are all classified as skilled workers and therefore come to Canada by applying for PR in the federal skilled workers visa category which is the most common way to apply, there are other ways but this is the most common. To be eligible for this your level of English or French has to be adequate therefore meaning that everybody that enters legally has to speak on one of these languages unless they are coming under say the family or spouse visa category.
What about the family and refugee classes of immigrant? What proportion of immigrants do you think come under those classes?

You say Francophones are very much part of the country well in your previous thread you said it is the 10 th most spoken language in GTA and hardly anybody speaks it in BC. doesn`t sound so important to me. It would seem that it is only important in Quebec and its surrounding areas like parts of NB etc
The Prime Minister is typically a francophone. I'd say ruling is being part of the country.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:20 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

<shakes head>

<leaves it to dbd33>

A short question. Have you ever been to Canada, specifically Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary or any other urban centre that I have forgotten?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:22 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babsi
I think I know what Colombia is like and I have never been there and don't want to live there
you don't like Canada either so were do you go from there
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Hi All ,

Didn't think my question would attract this much attention but am so glad i asked, Everyone has there own opinion on things and experiences and its good to see so many sides to a story . We live in a awful place in the UK having moved here for work last year , The schools are bad oh gosh i could go on and on anyhow thanks for all your replies.

Debbie
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
you don't like Canada either so were do you go from there
I hate living in Canada, happy?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

This is rather old but:

"18% of the 164,200 immigrants were unable to converse in either English or French when they settled in Canada. This was partly because of the high proportion of immigrants from non-English- and non-French-speaking countries."

http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepu.../character.htm
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:26 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

What about the family and refugee classes of immigrant? What proportion of immigrants do you think come under those classes?

mentioned family already and refugee classes are probably another that wouldn`t know a countries official language. If they did they would enter under a different category.

The Prime Minister is typically a francophone. I'd say ruling is being part of the country.
Well he is a prime minister he should know.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
<shakes head>

<leaves it to dbd33>

A short question. Have you ever been to Canada, specifically Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary or any other urban centre that I have forgotten?
Yes i know north america quite well and I know Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal point being?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Eh?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I asked that earlier but for different reasons; Jules doesn't seem to realize that there's some urban sprawl around Toronto.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:30 pm
Born again atheist

Yes i know north america quite well and I know Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal point being?
Point being, you sound like someone who hasn't ever lived in any of those places.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:31 pm
Born again atheist

I asked that earlier but for different reasons; Jules doesn't seem to realize that there's some urban sprawl around Toronto.
As usual, I get to pick up your sloppy leftovers.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

He should be able to speak French, yes, but it doesn't follow that he should speak French first and yet very many Prime Ministers (Trudeau, Chretien, Mulrooney) have been francophones. Donc, I think francophones are actively involved in Canadian society.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.