Reload this Page >

Cricket in Newfoundland

Wikiposts

Cricket in Newfoundland

Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

GloriousGlenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Cricket in Newfoundland

Are there any expats living in St John's interested in cricket or do you know any locals that are looking to try a different sport?

The Cricket Association of Newfoundland and Labrador has just been formed and we are looking for players of 'any' standard. Whether you don't know your Gunn & Moore from your Duncan Fearnley or if your a seasoned player, we want to see you.

We are starting off with some 'knock abouts' on Sunday afternoons at 1pm at Kelly's Brook Park and we have aims at getting our own square and having enough players to have a few teams to compete in the area.

We will also be having a Twenty20 game at the King George V stadium, provisionally on Friday 6th August. At this event we intend to hold some coaching sessions for those that have little or no experience of the game followed by a Twenty20 game. More details will follow.

If anybody would like any further information then please send me a Private Message and I will get back to you.

Cheers
Glenn
Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket in Newfoundland

I was quite happy with the fact we were a 'cricket free zone' here
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:34 am
Just Joined

I'm a massive football fan...but there's enough of that already in St John's....Time for the boys in white to have a go!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:51 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck - sounds like fun!

I love cricket and spent many hours as "scorer" for our local village team .... great memories.

Hope it's successful for you! J
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:02 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:21 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/pedant.html

Thanks Fled ... was going to edit them out and then thought "what the heck!"
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jingle
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/pedant.html

Thanks Fled ... was going to edit them out and then thought "what the heck!"
"Indeed"

Maybe you weren't really the scorer after all?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GloriousGlenn
I'm a massive football fan...but there's enough of that already in St John's....Time for the boys in white to have a go!
Did you try the Atkins diet ??

Keep us updated - may have a wander down if there is any beer drinking involved
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:01 am
Curiously Wise

Originally Posted by fledermaus
"Indeed"

Maybe you weren't really the scorer after all?
Maybe ...... it was a great way to meet fellas though and they did look pretty good in their whites ....

J
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:11 am
Just Joined

You talk about so called "unnecessary quotes", but what about your unnecessary posts. I would prefer the thread to be talking about the subject title "Cricket in Newfoundland".

Thanks to nldfc and Jingle
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:21 am
Account Closed

You talk about so called "unnecessary quotes", but what about your unnecessary posts. I would prefer the thread to be talking about the subject title "Cricket in Newfoundland".

Thanks to nldfc and Jingle
Ooo that's me "told".

I feel terrible, desolate, mortified.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:33 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I felt the quotes added to that post, albeit unintentionally. I felt the idea of being a "scorer" conveyed a pleasant, perhaps mythical, image of a game on a village green watched by someone in a white dress and straw hat who languidly makes notes tenuously related to the progress of the match. This in contrast to the role of scorer at a pub league rounders event in Canada where such a person would be dressed in an outfit reflecting the faux athleticism of the pastime and would be frenziedly compiling statistics using a portable electronic device otherwise devoted to the storing of notes on potential new limitations to the freedom of other residents of "her" condo.

To me the quotes suggested a hazy afternoon of gentle pleasures, fin-de-siecle delights, if you will. The use of the quotes conveyed an ability not to take matters too seriously, a sense or proportion about a rather silly, if enjoyable, game. Those quotes set the happy tone for my day, I thought I might listen to some Wishbone Ash and wondered when next I would encounter a Morris dancing side.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Ooo that's me "told".

I feel terrible, desolate, mortified.
Pedantic and sarcastic! Nice!!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:37 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I felt the quotes added to that post, albeit unintentionally. I felt the idea of being a "scorer" conveyed a pleasant, perhaps mythical, image of a game on a village green watched by someone in a white dress and straw hat who languidly makes notes tenuously related to the progress of the match. This in contrast to the role of scorer at a pub league rounders event in Canada where such a person would be dressed in an outfit reflecting the faux athleticism of the pastime and would be frenziedly compiling statistics using a portable electronic device otherwise devoted to the storing of notes on potential new limitations to the freedom of other residents of "her" condo.

To me the quotes suggested a hazy afternoon of gentle pleasures, fin-de-siecle delights, if you will. The use of the quotes conveyed an ability not to take matters too seriously, a sense or proportion about a rather silly, if enjoyable, game. Those quotes set the happy tone for my day, I thought I might listen to some Wishbone Ash and wondered when next I would encounter a Morris dancing side.
Or, off to the Oval with 400 cans of stella to annoy the Australians unfortunately sat near us. Cricket heaven in a nutshell.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Pedantic and sarcastic! Nice!!
Oh don't make a spat about it, it's really not worth it. Though it does keep your thread at the top and so more people might see it so that might be worth it to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.