Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Credit Card help needed please

Credit Card help needed please

Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Credit Card help needed please

Originally Posted by Alanandson
haven't tried for car credit here as as I'm on a TWP I just assumed I get told .. and the fact I only have one month of credit history
Hi

I am on a TWP too and I recently came in Feb 09. The car dealer asked me for 10% deposit as it will facilitate my application for credit as I bought my car on a 0% 48 months deal. I used my UK credit card to pay for the deposit. He wanted my payslips and my bank details for the monthly payment. Never asked for my SIN number. It took a couple of hours for him to call me to say the loan is approved.

Ibby
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Square is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
Did you contact MBNA canada or MBNA uk??
Sorry for the lateness in reply - We applied through Shoppers Drug Mart which deal with MBNA but put in a covering letter with your application with your UK MBNA account number and ask them to contact you. Good Luck
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Square
Sorry for the lateness in reply - We applied through Shoppers Drug Mart which deal with MBNA but put in a covering letter with your application with your UK MBNA account number and ask them to contact you. Good Luck
Thanks...rang them in the end yesterday, just waiting for a reply, they said they would call MBNA UK and ask them to do a credit check there and use that as we didnt have a credit rating here, so
Old Jul 29th 2009, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Thanks...rang them in the end yesterday, just waiting for a reply, they said they would call MBNA UK and ask them to do a credit check there and use that as we didnt have a credit rating here, so
Quick update, MBNA just called to say everything in the UK checked out and i should recieve my new Canadian MBNA card within a week

Thanks to everyone for the thread and help....without it I wouldnt have gone down this route
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Square is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick update, MBNA just called to say everything in the UK checked out and i should recieve my new Canadian MBNA card within a week

Thanks to everyone for the thread and help....without it I wouldnt have gone down this route
Glad to hear