Cover letter to Rogers

Cover letter to Rogers

Old Feb 21st 2011, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

sta123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cover letter to Rogers

Hi guys.

Following from the wiki section of this website for cover letters:
Do not address your letter, "To whom it may concern." Address it to a specific person. It's ideal to find out the person's name and title. If you have those details, use, "Dear Mr. So And So," as your salutation. Even if you don't know the person's name, at least address the letter to the incumbent of a specific position, e.g., "Manager, Production Department." In this latter case, the salutation should be, "Dear Sir."

Does this mean I address my cover letter as Dear Sir. for a job I am applying to via the Rogers career website?

What do you advise?

On a side note, I have no address to put of Rogers at the top of my cover letter. I just cannot find an address of Rogers that will be suitable!

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cover letter to Rogers

Originally Posted by sta123 View Post
Hi guys.

Following from the wiki section of this website for cover letters:
Do not address your letter, "To whom it may concern." Address it to a specific person. It's ideal to find out the person's name and title. If you have those details, use, "Dear Mr. So And So," as your salutation. Even if you don't know the person's name, at least address the letter to the incumbent of a specific position, e.g., "Manager, Production Department." In this latter case, the salutation should be, "Dear Sir."

Does this mean I address my cover letter as Dear Sir. for a job I am applying to via the Rogers career website?

What do you advise?

On a side note, I have no address to put of Rogers at the top of my cover letter. I just cannot find an address of Rogers that will be suitable!

Thanks in advance.
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I don't think that this should be posted in the immigration forum..
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

sta123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rubberduck

I put it in immigration as it is my process of getting to canada. But now in the general canada section from your suggestion, it seems to be better placed.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:27 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Just a word of advice , the last recruitment consultant I dealt with used Rogers as an example of a large corporation who initially computer screen resumes. If certain key words aren't picked up then your resume won't even get as far as a person.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

eyeoftheocean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell View Post
Just a word of advice , the last recruitment consultant I dealt with used Rogers as an example of a large corporation who initially computer screen resumes. If certain key words aren't picked up then your resume won't even get as far as a person.
That is so true ! Ive been told that from a person who used to manage a company ..I would love to know the key words lol maybe I would have a job by now, its not like applying in the UK ,,things here a really different and difficult until you no how.