Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A couple of questions

Wikiposts

A couple of questions

Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A couple of questions

Originally Posted by OC123
Banks will not open account in canada if you don't have permanent residency or social insurance number, so with visitors visa, you may save yourself the trouble.. look for the branch of your own bank in canada, they may be more accommodating if they exist.
As a visitor you can stay in canada for the 6 months, it just has to be as a visitor - for pleasure. You cannot work nor study, nor look for job, nor seek residency.
See my post #13 - anyone can open a bank account in Canada regardless of status.

You are also wrong about being not being able to look for a job whilst in Canada. Of course you are. When I came over for my interview, I told the IO exactly why I was there and he had no problem with it whatsoever.
You are a visitor not a tourist. Visitor's don't necessarily have to do touristy things!