Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Country of origin

View Poll Results: What UK nationality are you?
English
72.15%
Scots
17.81%
Welsh
5.48%
N. Irish
4.57%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Country of origin

Old May 11th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Country of origin

[QUOTE=Souvenir;4767272]
Originally Posted by steve666

I was born in Brighton. I have no idea where I was conceived (and I'm not going to ask). My origin is thus unknown.

It is about 21 at the moment. It was 29 yesterday, with the humidex at 32. We put the AC on last night. I have been in shorts for the last week.
BORN MAN BORN...Brighton. There's a Brighton in England if my memory serves me, so vote English.

Bloody hell it's been 12 here, it's showing 19 in Ottawa. I'm desperately trying to keep the picture of you in shorts out of my head.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Yous lot are trying my patience

Seriously, I really want to know.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Is it my computer, my eyes or are the quotes all over the place at the moment?
Yep I'm getting confused who's saying what, I keep having to go back and make sure I'm talking to the right person.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rwin
So if England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are countries, what is the UK? Would I have to show my passport when going from England to Scotland?
you are having a giraffe mate
Old May 11th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seriously, I really want to know.
The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy composed of four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:02 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=steve666;4767387]
Originally Posted by Souvenir

BORN MAN BORN...Brighton. There's a Brighton in England if my memory serves me, so vote English.

Bloody hell it's been 12 here, it's showing 19 in Ottawa. I'm desperately trying to keep the picture of you in shorts out of my head.
There's a Brighton in Ontario.

Despite being born in Brighton, I will try to keep my shorts well away from your head.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulCall
you are having a giraffe mate
You mean sticking my neck out? Okay, I'll stop.

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to start something.

I realize there is a difference. I just wasn't sure how they all fit into the UK.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

giraffe....is rhyming slang for a laugh.....
you can pass freely through scotland to england,and you would be made welcome
Paul
Old May 11th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Souvenir;4767427]

There's a Brighton in Ontario.

Despite being born in Brighton, I will try to keep my shorts well away from your head.
There's also a Brighton in the USA but you weren't born there. If you were born in Ontario, don't vote.

Thanks for the shorts thing, appreciated.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulCall
giraffe....is rhyming slang for a laugh.....
Well, I just learned something new.

giraffe =

So what do you say if you in fact mean giraffe
Old May 11th 2007, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

I realize there is a difference. I just wasn't sure how they all fit into the UK.
Oh just read your bit on the side, as it were...you're from Canada.
You shouldn't be here.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, I just learned something new.

giraffe =

So what do you say if you in fact mean giraffe
As in "you're having a giraffe mate ain't ya?" A laugh.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

i would say giraffe.....you have to know the tone its said in
for example
"look at that giraffe,that giraffe is having a giraffe"
hope that clears things up
Paul
Old May 11th 2007, 7:16 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a bit like Canada and becoming more so. England, Scotland etc are all parts of the UK but are increasingly acting like provinces, at the local level.

As a cradle Canadian, BTW, you would probably find Scots to be very friendly towards you.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

we are a friendly breed...despite our rampant alcohol consumption

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.