Reload this Page >

Cost of Living, Canada Vs UK

Cost of Living, Canada Vs UK

Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cost of Living, Canada Vs UK

Originally Posted by iaink
Where in the Uk would you want to drive a largish 4x4!
they're everywhere in Cobham, Surrey...all big ugly 4x4's such a shame
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:39 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Garfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud of

By the Way Guys and Gals, there is an identical thread to this running that is called "How much does it cost you to live in Canada"
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:42 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Garfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud ofGarfielduk has much to be proud of

I am afraid no one will be able to make any sense out of any of these figures because you are comparing Eggs with Peas.

1 - Most families have different numbers of people so costs are obviously more for certain things like food.
2- Some families have young children and some have grown up children or young adults, consumption is different.
3- Housing Costs tend to rise with the size of property you have; Heat, Light, Rates/Tax, Water, Repairs; all these increase with size
4- Some people are more greedy than others, I'm not saying things like FAT because some thin people eat a lot and never put weight on.
Also depends on whether your family likes to eat Fillet Steak or the most expensive fish, whether you eat fresh products or are an Out of the Box family; all these factors have an effect on your food bill. And as to drink and Ciggies, well depends on how much you enjoy these as to how many bottles or packets you buy.

I could go on but I think most people should get the point !
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garfielduk

But is it the same in every province ?
I pay slightly less in AB per year than I do in MB, but the place in AB is assessed at almost twice as much as the one in MB, so property tax is considerably lower in AB.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:55 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Originally Posted by love_it_here
Not everyone comes to canada with the equity of their UK home. We came with debt! It took us two years to save up the 5% we needed to buy a home here.

We have a $300K mortgage, which costs us about $1650 a month to finance.

See not everyone is mortgage free but still we came!
This maybe a daft question but how did you get past the proof of funds stage if you had debt, that is if you went on a Skilled Worker App.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

This maybe a daft question but how did you get past the proof of funds stage if you had debt, that is if you went on a Skilled Worker App.
Estate agent(s) give you written valuations of your property to proove hopefully positive equity
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:13 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Estate agent(s) give you written valuations of your property to proove hopefully positive equity
Yes I know that but if you have a House worth £150000, owe £100000 on a mortgage, that leaves £50000 equity but if you owe £60000 on credit and loans that means you have less than nothing, that's what I call in debt and in this example proof of funds would not be passed surely ?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:14 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone here comes on the skilled worker program!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Garfielduk]that's what I call in debt QUOTE]

lol or as my mate used to say 'sitting on the bones of yer arse'
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:29 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

[QUOTE=TruBrit]
that's what I call in debt QUOTE]

lol or as my mate used to say 'sitting on the bones of yer arse'
My quote was in relation to proof of funds, not in relation to everyday living but you obviously didn't get it
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:44 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Originally Posted by iaink
Not everyone here comes on the skilled worker program!
Maybe not Iain but the reply by Posidrive inferred that he probably had
Old Jan 9th 2006, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Garfielduk]
Originally Posted by TruBrit

My quote was in relation to proof of funds, not in relation to everyday living but you obviously didn't get it
no I did get it, really I did lol...it was just those few words reminded me of what my mate used to complain about all the time, just me reminiscing, should have kept it to myself...sorry...cheers

Last edited by TruBrit; Jan 9th 2006 at 5:54 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:04 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know that but if you have a House worth £150000, owe £100000 on a mortgage, that leaves £50000 equity but if you owe £60000 on credit and loans that means you have less than nothing, that's what I call in debt and in this example proof of funds would not be passed surely ?
Correct, CIC expects to see proof of adequate funds which for UK seems to be in the forms of acceptable house valuation, mortgage statement and list/documented evidence of other financial assets, liabilities etc.

Seriously, would anyone who had a net worth of minus 50-100K GBP expect to be able to emigrate ? If so, maybe to La-La Land ?

Rich.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I've not looked at the skilled worker regs, do you need to be debt-free on entry to Canada? I appreciate they may ask for evidence of proof of funds and bank statements to show you haven't "borrowed" it, but I'm sure lots of people do just that.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 6:10 pm
Chilled out Cheshire Cat

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Correct, CIC expects to see proof of adequate funds which for UK seems to be in the forms of acceptable house valuation, mortgage statement and list/documented evidence of other financial assets, liabilities etc.

Seriously, would anyone who had a net worth of minus 50-100K GBP expect to be able to emigrate ? If so, maybe to La-La Land ?

Rich.
Rich you have some great one liners
Maybe lots of applicants think Canada is La- La Land and that's what's clogging up the processing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.