Cost of life

Old Nov 20th 2005, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

eferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cost of life

Thank all for your responses.
The links that all of you have posted here will help me a lot.
Anyone has an idea of how much is the rent for a 2-bed house in Ottawa?
Best regards,
Old Nov 20th 2005, 12:46 am

NewCalgarian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eferreira
Hi,
I am evaluating 3 possible cities as my final destination: Toronto, Ottawa, Edmonton.
I have pretty much information about the cost of life in Toronto, but I know almost nothing about Ottawa and Edmonton.
How different is the cost of life in Edmonton and Ottawa in comparison with Toronto?
How much is the cost of renting a house or flat with 2 bedrooms in Ottawa and Edmonton?
How much is the cost of childcare in Ottawa and Edmonton?

Thanks.
Best regards,
We are in Calgary - which I presume is pretty much the same cost of living as Edmonton??? Does anybody know???

Anyway, my wife went out to lunch yesterday with some people from her work. A couple of her colleagues have recently moved over from Toronto as they were having trouble finding employment there. They agreed that the cost of living there is roughly double what it is in Calgary. However, they mentioned that the salaries in Toronto are only about 1.5 times those in Calgary, net result - a less comfortable lifestyle in Toronto.

Have to be honest, I don't know how true this info is, but thought you may find the experience of these Canadians useful to consider.

Good luck.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:03 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NewCalgarian
We are in Calgary - which I presume is pretty much the same cost of living as Edmonton??? Does anybody know???

I would say pretty much, except the cost of housing in Calgary may be slightly higher than here, but most other costs appear to be similar.